Computer Collecting

GoodEnoughForMe

n.m.s.s.
I guess I might say vintage computer collecting, but either way; anyone here have a cool collection? Or want to get into it? What do you have if you do? Really old Macs? A bunch of XP machines?

I've been into collecting since 2004 or so. I've built up a waaaay to big collection. I like trying to get old machines online, trying weird OSs, playing old games, or even just writing on a machine that won't distract me as much with Twitter or newer games.

Feel free to discuss, post pics, or lists. If I get around to it I'll share my complete list but it's like 130 machines long or something stupid.

I have one of these. A Compaq portable III. It was the first computer I bought. circa 1987. Not cheap.

upload_2022-3-22_21-24-38.jpeg

Sadly I've not saved any computers older than a Pentium-III Toshiba laptop. Though I do have a box of (unused) 8-inch floppy disks and a box of well-used 5.25-inch floppy disks, from back when floppy disks were actually floppy.

Though I do have a box of (unused) 8inch floppy disks and a box of well-used 5.25-inch floppy disks, from back when floppy disks were actually floppy.

8" are flexy, not floppy disks.

Top Bottom