1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Computer destroying my friend on Prince

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by MaryKB, Mar 26, 2019.

1. MaryKB

MaryKB Vice Princess Supporter

So I'm playing what I think's going to be a relaxing game with my friend on Prince difficulty, and suddenly she's being destroyed by Spain. I haven't seen them so vicious in a while, at this difficulty! When she started panicking and telling me her cities are being destroyed, I was totally blindsided because I thought this game was going to be easy.

After this screen capture, she's lost Memphis, and I'll probably win eventually but it's going to take a while!

Spain War.jpg

2. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Pô Chi Min

Give him strategic ressources and gold!

3. Ovidious

Ovidious Chieftain

Tell her to sacrifice the horse and get a ranged unit there pronto. Yeah, just when you think things are nice and stable - boom, a friendly AI declares on you...

MaryKB likes this.
  4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Spain can be kind of aggressive in this game. Don't take them lightly.

5. Mr. Shadows

Mr. Shadows Nomad of the time streams

You DO need to have some sort of military for defence, even on prince. A lot of us are so used to upgrading 3 slingers to archers for the Machinery inspiration that we forget what happens when you don't have an army.

OmegaDestroyer likes this.
  6. schondette

schondette Chieftain

I think they must of mistaken her for a city state

7. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

Playing a team game? Can always go liberate her cities. Time to go hardcore military :)

8. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

It's late in the game for 30-40 strength cities. Still, a blocker melee unit or two would have greatly weakened this attack. Even a single sword 1 NE of memphis...AI would likely either lose catapult or attack the sword ineffectually with it. With fortification and support fire from the city it'd be hard to dislodge it. Having a crossbow inside the city as well would make repelling the attack trivial.

It's nice to see that the AI can at least threaten cities if the player leaves them completely exposed though.

9. MaryKB

MaryKB Vice Princess Supporter

I'm going to liberate her city, I just hate getting involved in messy wars, lol. I'm busy fighting hordes of barbarians to my north, and Kristina's pushing on my border (but soon she will pay, once I've got my Great Works rolling out XD)

My friend had a bunch of swordsmen and archers, but they're all dead now ... that's why Spain's soldiers have a bunch of damage. A melee unit in her city won't help against catapults, and she also got swarmed by quadremes and crossbowmen. I just totally wasn't expecting such an attack on Prince!

10. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

The city is lost. Tell her to start training up some ranged units and prepare for a counter-attack. It won't be difficult to wipe out the that attack force with a garrisoned ranged unit.

11. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

where is her army??? I mean, even THIS AI needs some defensive units to be dealt with...

12. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

She said above that her friend had some swords/archers and lost them. Likely a series of tactical errors. People make mistakes, especially while learning.

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  13. Arent11

Arent11 Chieftain

Wasn't it possible to trade cities? If her city is about to fall, couldn't she just gift it to you?

BrotherInJah likes this.
  14. Bitterman

Bitterman Chieftain

This game does weird things on multiplayer. I play on multi emperor and we were baffled the other day beacuse Maori had a TON of archers (+15) which could be upgraded to crossbowmen and he never did it. He also made like only 2 Toas. The same goes to Hungary, who was in the lead in every single area in the first 150 turns (8 Ages of Peace enabled) and didn't even make 1 of his UU's.

On the other hand, we have had bad experiences with Brazil, beacuse for some reason he tends to attack us by backstabbing and send us huge armies that are a pain to deal with.

I would like to know if this is something that only happens to me or are other players who also experience this kind of strange behaviour.

15. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Pô Chi Min

I found the opposite in most of games i played. The AI seems less powerful than it could be. Emperor-Immortal. But we don't let them play from scratch. They replaces human later in the game.