1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer Economic Victory

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Age of Discovery II' started by AgentTBC, Jul 20, 2010.

1. AgentTBC

AgentTBC Chieftain

So I'm chugging along in my current game and am plainly on track to win a revolution victory in the not so distant future given that I'm raking in money hand over fist and churning out a whole bunch of horses and guns per turn... and then all of a sudden the game ends with a French Economic Victory. I am not French.

So I check out the victory status screen and then French have traded 150,000 goods in the time I've traded 20,000. By restoring back a bit and checking the victory screen it appears that they are trading in excess of 1000 goods a turn... but when I look at their colonies I'm not sure how. They have 2 big cities and then a bunch of 3-4 pop ones surrounding the 2 large ones.

Is the computer trading over 1000 resources a turn pretty typical? I was playing on Patriot/Epic. I was clearly the dominant power money-wise and my GNP was hugely bigger than anyone else's even though the French had traded almost 10x as many goods.

Are they just shipping a really really large amount of raw materials to Europe or something? I guess I could have loaded up galleon after galleon with tobacco and cotton...

Side note: the apparently infinite unit spawn for the AI is a bit annoying. I was sinking Russian galleons with privateers at a very fast clip and they were still swarming all over the place.

Maybe I'll turn off everything except a revolution victory.

2. Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4 Chieftain

The computer must get a lot of cheats to compete. In my last game I was 80 turns in and one of the computer players already had 16 immigrants and 5 cities. The math does not add up. :confused:

3. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Chieftain

Something is FUBAR with this mod methinks... I'm getting the same thing at turn 115 of a marathon game.