Computer or Console?

Do you play games on computer or console?

• Computer

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Console

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Both

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • None

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

superunknown

Fake Plastic Head
Do you play games on your computer or on a console? Or maybe both?

I used to play games only on computer for many years, but now its a little bit of both. I have a Playstation 2, and thinking about buying an Xbox too.
I still play games like civ III on computer though..

Strategy games on the computer, everything else on the console.

Consoles aren't well-designed for strategy.

I have both (PS2), but prefer the old PC.

This is a Civ3 forum... who would vote for console only, or none (yeah, who DID vote that?)

I prefer the console, but for games like Civ3 it just doesn't work. However, the trend is definately towards better & more powerful console games while computer games seem to be getting worse (maybe its just my impression).

Originally posted by johnygreys67@ao
I LOV3 MAH PLAYSTATION 2 BUT U CAN GET PR0N ON A PC1!1!! WTF LOL :lol: :rotfl: :nuke: :scan:
:lol: :lol: I feel sorry for that kid's parents.

I play only on a PC since I'm too cheap to buy a console. Although sometimes in an extremely boring situation I'll download a game onto my cell phone and play it.

I love him, reminds me of Jeff K from somethingawful.

Console, I dont play PC games for more then a couple hours a week. Often not playing anything at all.

Then again i spend about as much time on the console as well...

Heh yeah he does have a sort of Jeff K attribute about him. :yeah:

The sad thing probably is though that this kid isn't trying to be the same sort of funny :p

Both.

I love Spyro/Zelda type adventure games for the consoles. Consoles are generally better for party/group gaming. And console-style plot-driven RPGs are usually more playable (completeable) than PC RPGs, which are more typically open-ended.

But Civ and X-Com are my favorite games of all time, and both worked better on the PC. And I prefer to play 1st-person shooters with a mouse rather than a gamepad.

Two exceptions -- Multi-player RT Strategy games like Warcraft ROCK on the PC, if you have hi-speed i-net...

And Halo is the best 1st-person shooter ever made, even w/ the sucky gamepad.

Originally posted by Immortal
X-com! I wish I could get apocalypse to run with sound on my new PC :(
No guarantees on whether this works or not, but I found this note:

Note from me: This fix will give you sound, but it may be choppy and not as good as you hope.

http://SVDMsound.Sourceforge.net/

Download the newest version of VDMSound. After installing it, set up Apocalypse to use a Sound Blaster, 220, IRQ 7, DMA 1 (the default for SB emulation under VDMSound). Exit and save from the setup program. Finally, edit the run xcom3.bat file that came with the zip from the first step. Add the command "dosdrv" on a new line between the "xcom3_cd.com" and "xcomapoc.exe SKIP" lines. This will invoke a VDMSound session inside the DOS box of the batch file, which will end when the game is exited.

You will need to edit the properties of xcom3.bat and set the program to Windows 95 compatibility with 256 colors. Now, run the batch file and enjoy!

I got this from this link: http://www.xcomufo.com/xcom3fix.html

Originally posted by Mojotronica
And I prefer to play 1st-person shooters with a mouse rather than a gamepad.
I used to agree until I played Halo :eek:
Now those were some smooth controls, and is pretty standard now for first person games. With the better framerate, no slowdown, and the emergence of online play I think 1st person shooters are going to make their move to primarily console.

The markets are kind of emerging where computers occupy more of a niche market for thinking man's games.

I play on both, but only because not all the games I want to play are on a console. Some games are only available for the PC, but I prefer console gaming.

Top Bottom