Computers Never use Fascism, Feudalism, Communism?

Commissar_Yari

Chieftain
Have you guys noticed this? In pretty much every Civ 3 game I play, once the AIs get Republic, they change to it straight away, and then they stay with that until they get Democracy, and change to that, then ignore the other governments?

Sometimes (hardly ever) an AI changes to Fascism, Feudalism, or Communism, but almost never.

BUT, in most of the games I play, many of the Civs eventually (strong eventually) change to Communism.

What are your experiences with AIs and their governments?

I"ve heard the AI has a habit of self destructing when entering Facism, is that true?

Once they get into a drawn-out war and get weary of it, they usually switch (in C3C) to Fascism.

Not much (any?) more than in communism, Louis.

Now with C3C - the AIs will nearly always choose Fascism once they are in a long war. They will even switch out of Commie to go Fascist - Fascist is now, without a doubt the AI governement you will face in the late game stage. (unless of course the game is unusually peaceful).

Ision

Fascism is their favorite war government but they have been known to go to Communism.

Why is not really known. There was a thread about it, someone posted a world in constant war, and every AI was Fascist except for one Commie. :crazyeye:

Presumably, his shunned government was Fascism.

Also, he made have had an empire so spread out that Communism was more effective for production and whatnot.

Actually, I've seen quite a few civs move to fuedalism in wartime EVEN after they discovered Fascism. This tends to happen when I'm really beating on their cities, but not taking them yet. It seems that they are correctly realising that their smaller, besieged cities will actually be easier to defend due to Fuedalism's 5-3-1 unit support.

But they would have to deal with WW.

I'm assuming they didn't have Communism? (6/6/6 unit support)

In my current game my government is Fascist, while I'm in a long term war. Is there really any other alternative? If I was Democracy, surely the War Weariness would hinder my want to evict revenge against aggression? And Republic would be too expensive.

I've been really enjoying how fast workers build in Fascism, but I'm really hating that you can only rush production by killing your citizens -- that's not "me" at all! My solution has been to simply not rush anything at all.

Recently on here, I read that Fascism would definitely lower your population levels. But this has not at all happened for me. I'm guessing the person who said that was simply meaning the population would of course decrease if you were force labour rushing them to death, which I haven't been doing.

On the whole, my nation seems rather prosperous -- just wish I could do a bit better on the Science front.

I don't think you can have a war government and good science, since Democracy and Republic do the best job for science, but aren't war govs.

You can always switch to Monarchy for a Military government with cash rushing (8 units per city).

Originally posted by Frimlin

Recently on here, I read that Fascism would definitely lower your population levels. But this has not at all happened for me. I'm guessing the person who said that was simply meaning the population would of course decrease if you were force labour rushing them to death, which I haven't been doing.

If I read the documentation correctly (not a guarantee :rolleyes: ) then switching to Fascism only kills off "foreign" citizens, because the government type is "xenophobic".

Originally posted by DaveShack

If I read the documentation correctly (not a guarantee :rolleyes: ) then switching to Fascism only kills off "foreign" citizens, because the government type is "xenophobic".

It kills off 3 from Metropolises, 2 from Cities, and 1 from Towns (IIRC). It does this from every one.

Xenophobic means that you gain no culture whatsoever until you have double the culture of the next person...or something like that...

I find it really ironic that in all of my C3C Epic Games, the vast majority of the AI choose Feudalism, then switch to Fascism (a few non-conformists choose Communism), with maybe one or two deciding to use Republic/Democracy. In my experience, this is the polar opposite from vanilla Civ AI behavior.

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
I"ve heard the AI has a habit of self destructing when entering Facism, is that true?
Gee, that would give me a shred of hope ---- I'm way behind (the only AI remaining) in science, so i switched to Fascism, hoping to defeat them before they got modern weapons...

But then i see they went Fascist too! :cry: :eek:

...(by "self-destructing" maybe someone meant they killed some of their own population? That's the price of entering Fascism.)

Originally posted by cgannon64
Xenophobic means that you gain no culture whatsoever until you have double the culture of the next person...or something like that...
Means you must have an ethnic majority in the city to accumullate culture

Originally posted by tomart109
...(by "self-destructing" maybe someone meant they killed some of their own population? That's the price of entering Fascism.)

Self-destructing meant a little more than that. I heard that, after the population hit, instead of recovering, they pop-rush liberally, and once great 10+ size cities hover around size 2, effectively taking them out of the game.

I believe the AI does self-destruct by moving to Fascism.

1) They take the population hit moving in (3 in metro, 2 in cities, 1 in towns)

2) They pop rush

3) They draft

4) They "kill off" foreign populations. I have seen the AI build workers and settlers to get rid of "foreign" populations for conquered cities. I believe the AI immediately disbands them upon completion.

In my current Epic game, Greece was way out in front with techs (by at least 5 vs. me), switched to Fascism, had a few wars. They have held their territory well enough. But have since fallen behind in tech with very little new since the switch. (They are now are war with most of the world, so no trades).

I would play a few more epic games before I can say that Fascism always self-destructs the AI, but so far my observation is that the AI never "advances" under Facism. I rarely see a strong Fascist govenment that has been under Facism for long.

Top Bottom