Concrete flavor text suggestions

Stringer1313

Emperor
I really hope they finally take a pass through the diplomatic text in the next patch. I cannot for the life of me fathom the laziness of copy pasting much of the crap from Civ 5.

- When a leader condemns you for following a different affinity, the text needs to make it absolutely clear which affinity THAT leader is following and what affinity they are criticizing (i.e., the one YOU are following). Right now you have Supremacy leaders saying you forget what makes you human, which sounds like Purity, and it's confusing.

- When a leader asks you to declare war on someone else, there should be unique text if the leader shares your affinity, and wants to declare war on someone of a different affinity. Some text that suggests you should gang up on X b/c X is following a different affinity.

- For the love of God can they finally get rid of the "Very well" and "You'll pay for this in time"? To this day I still don't know the difference between either of those answers. If there's no difference then don't give us an option to say one over the other. Those responses sound terrible anyway.

- Can they fix the thing where a leader repeatedly condemns you 100 times for killing a station once a long time ago?

- Can they also change the "How dare you?" versus "we have no interest in this arrangement"? Again, what is the difference between the two? If there is no difference then remove it.

- And lastly, please have different text for each leader. Please. Pretty please. I honestly don't know why this is so difficult. Endless Legend did it easily in their last patch.

I agree this could use some smoothing out. Some of the hostile texts just don't feel right. E.g. 'Your ideology is outmoded. Obsolete...' this would make sense from a non purity civ to the player as purity. But I'm harmony (they're supremacy). Now 'ideology' may not be the same as affinity . But since the only 'ideology' the player has control over is affinity it's hard not to read this way especially as these only arise when they differ.

With all the other game mechanics to consider this may seem like a small point, I'd argue that it's the attention to detail which makes a game more special and engaging.

Top Bottom