1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Condemned game?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by PAnz3r, Dec 26, 2015.

1. PAnz3r

PAnz3r Chieftain

Well, I'm running a Monarch game with Morocco, all was going well till the moment when I choose order as ideology; my closest allied revolt against me and launch a triple aggression...to be honest I managed to repell them but, suddently after the war end, my civ fell into unhappines and some city revolt against me because I have verty few culture generation...

Well, sincerelly I wouldn't give up this game but I have only an autosave 25 turn before the crisis...what I can do to fix the situation?

2. LordBalkoth

LordBalkoth Prince

If you post the auto-save either here or in this other thread I can give more advice. But anyone trying to help you would need more details (even a screenshot or three would give far more information).

3. Illianor123

Illianor123 Warlord

Differing ideologies has a huge negative impact on relations with the AIs. It appears that your people are dissatisfied with your ideology, which would be due to having insufficient culture generation.

4. LordBalkoth

LordBalkoth Prince

No, it doesn't. It's actually pretty minor -- I've maintained solid friendships with Civs of differing ideologies because I'm giving them occasional gifts, supporting their WC proposals, submitting proposals they like, denouncing the people they hate, etc. It mainly acts as a straw that breaks the camel's back -- it'll give a little nudge to push a Civ to hate you if they already disliked you or love you if they already liked you.

plus likes this.
  5. Illianor123

Illianor123 Warlord

I am pretty sure ideologies is one of the largest single modifiers for relations. So yes with a number of other positive bonuses you could overcome it, but I find it is often enough to turn a neutral civ (or one with embassy and no contested borders) into loving or hating you.

@OP, for what reasons are they your allies? Were they just long term trading partners, or did you have DoF? Even then if the DoF was coming near to an end and you had done some other things to annoy them (warmongering, took wonders/land they covet, world council proposal). The other AIs may have then simply dog piled you if they thought you were weak.

6. LordBalkoth

LordBalkoth Prince

See a list of the modifiers and their relative strengths here. It's nowhere remotely close to being one of the largest -- if anything it's one of the smallest.

Most likely that "neutral" Civ actually had hidden negative modifiers if the Ideology pushed them over the edge.

7. Sclb

Sclb Emperor

Capturing cities, especially capital is one of the largest modifier possible, especially when you capture from a civ that doesn't have many cities. In particular capturing the final city of a civ, thus eliminating a civ from the game, is almost always going to have several civs denounce unless you also get them to be enemies of the eliminated civ. Sometimes civs are deceptive (shows friendly/neutral) even though they hate you. You can tell when they don't trade full value for a lux (3-5 gpt for a lux instead of usual 7) These civs are likely to denounce if something bad push them over the edge, such as different ideology.

Different ideology is approximately equal to some other minor red modifiers, such as bullying CS, competing for CS, religion related diplo etc.

8. Illianor123

Illianor123 Warlord

Ok. In my head I was remembering it as 50, not 5.