Condensed/Non Condensed Top Panel Mod and Personal Tweaks

Aqinu

Chieftain
I've made some personal improvements to this mod created by the user Enginseer (here link: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/a-condensed-toppanel.645374/), and I've decided to share my modifications with anyone that find it useful. (VP Version 6/12)

Changes to the original mod:

- change the text for percentage to a darker color of green
- added space between happiness percentage and golden age info
- retain the happy / unhappy citizen info
- optional full top bar (didn't work previously for bigger resolutions, like 1920x1080)

I provide four different combinations for each personal taste:

- Full Top Panel Condensed (top bar info is condensed and full top bar)
- Full Top Panel Non Condensed (top bar info it's not condensed and full top bar)
- No Full Top Panel Condensed (top bar info is condensed without full top bar)
- No Full Top Panel Non Condensed (top bar info it's not condensed without full top bar)

Extra info:

1) IGE Mod Icon location on the top bar can be changed by adjusting the 'Offset' value from this location (for my personal use I've centered it in the middle of the screen for 1920x1080 resolution with 919 value):

...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ingame Editor (v 39)\IGE_Window.xml

And the line is:

<TextButton ID="MainButton" Anchor="R,T" Offset="919,6" Font="TwCenMT20" NormalState="Beige_Black" MouseOver="White_Black" ButtonDown="Beige_Black_Alpha"

2) The Full Top Bar can be activated by changing the value of a variable in this location (in case you don't want to use the features from this mod):

...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\TopPanel.lua

local g_isSmallScreen = UIManager:GetScreenSizeVal() < (civ5bnw_mode and 1900 or 1600) -- no full top bar
local g_isSmallScreen = true -- with full top bar

Some Screenshots:
Civ5Screen0003.png

Civ5Screen0002.png

Here with IGE Button Centered (for 1920x1080 resolution)
Civ5Screen0004.png

Attachments

• Full Top Panel Condensed.zip
    25 KB · Views: 166
  • Full Top Panel Non Condensed.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 160
  • No Full Top Panel Condensed.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 151
  • No Full Top Panel Non Condensed.zip
    25.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Attention! Mod compatible for Vox Populi (7/17), EUI Only!

Here is an update for the first post, these files are exactly as the ones above but I removed the "Yield Icon" and "AD/BC Date" from the top bar for more space for those who play on lower resolutions and for anyone who finds them useful (personally I find these useless, never use them/bother with them, just space which should be better used for something else).

Screenshot
Civ5Screen0000.png

Attachments

26.8 KB · Views: 159
    26.7 KB · Views: 152
    26.7 KB · Views: 132
    26.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Thank goodness! I didn't think anyone would ever fix this because it's so niche.

You're a boss for this.

Attention! Mod compatible for Vox Populi (8/5), EUI Only!

Here is an update for the first post, these files are exactly as the ones above but I removed the "Civilopedia Button" and "Menu Button" from the top bar for more space for those who play on lower resolutions and for anyone who finds them useful (just use the shortcuts F1 and ESC).

Screenshot
Civ5Screen0001.png

Attachments

27 KB · Views: 123
    27.1 KB · Views: 147
    27.1 KB · Views: 150
    27.2 KB · Views: 120

Here is an update for the first post, these files are exactly as the ones above but I removed the "Yield Icon", "AD/BC Date", "Civilopedia Button" and "Menu Button" from the top bar for more space for those who play on lower resolutions and for anyone who finds them useful.

Screenshot
Civ5Screen0002.png

Attachments

27.1 KB · Views: 122
    27.2 KB · Views: 149
    27.1 KB · Views: 136
    27.3 KB · Views: 165

Here is an update for the first post, these files are exactly as the ones above but I removed the "Yield Icon", "AD/BC Date", "Civilopedia Button" and "Menu Button" from the top bar for more space for those who play on lower resolutions and for anyone who finds them useful.

Screenshot
View attachment 531447
You recommend this for 1920x1080 users or just users below that resolution?

You recommend this for 1920x1080 users or just users below that resolution?

Anyone can use it, is more useful for those who have lower resolutions and because of this, in mid-late game the info on the topbar can overlap and with this mod that is less probable to happen.

Last edited:
@Aqinu Which version is condensed the most and lastest, compatible with 12-20?

@Aqinu Which version is condensed the most and lastest, compatible with 12-20?

Here for the latest update. If you want it to be the most compact, I previously didn't provide one but, I've made one just now with removed "Yield Icon", "AD/BC Date", "Civilopedia Button" and "Menu Button", from the latest version (VP 12/30). Should work for 12/20.

Attachments

26.7 KB · Views: 117
Thanks! But personally I think the best version would be WITH Yield Icon, but WITHOUT ad/bc date and those 2 buttons. If you could do such I would be grateful. I play mostly on my laptop 1366x768 resolution and it looks awful sometimes.

Isn't 12-20 latest one? I can't see 12-30 link :(

Last edited:
Is the instant yield info included in previous build for non-condensed full top?
Don't know what are you referring to by previous build for non-condensed full top. If you are referring those from here, you can see in the screenshots the answer (yes, it is included).

What about most condensed for latest release? 4-12?

I'm sad it's only for EUI. I'd use EUI if it wasn't such a god-awful mess to look at and moved all the toolbars around needlessly. Oh, well.

I'm sad it's only for EUI. I'd use EUI if it wasn't such a god-awful mess to look at and moved all the toolbars around needlessly. Oh, well.
@Gidoza, I used to be in the same camp as you, but then I found out that you can turn off the biggest offenders in the game options (and probably even more in the EUI config files, but I did not try this).

EUI provides some very useful info, such as what luxuries you need to trigger WLTKD in your cities and what other civs think about you right away.

Actually it was the fact that the new version of Promotion flags mod (which displays tiny promotion icons above units) required EUI, which forced me to convert. And once my eyes stopped bleeding after turned off the unit list (I actually kept the city list on eventually), I must admit I would not go back to non-EUI.

I play on small 1366x768 resolutions so all stuff took half my screen are. Then I disabled all things around. Using my Trade Opportunities and all other tabs completely substitutes those icons on the right, and List Enhancement - those on the left.

The only thing is top bar where left part fights with the right after researching Oil and I can't see anything in there.

Nice. Thanks.

Top Bottom