1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Condensed promotions?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by ekolis, May 1, 2018.

1. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

Sometimes a unit will get so many promotions that they spill off the edge of the screen; maybe condensing upgrade promotions (e.g. Drill I/II/III) would help?

saamohod likes this.
  2. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

Does this mod from Whoward Pick'N'Mix mods works?

Attached Files:

Grabbl likes this.
  3. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Tested. Not with EUI

grmagne likes this.
  4. saamohod

saamohod King

I'm having problems with this too.

5. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Siege units in particular have this. We should condense various promotions, such as can pillage tiles and others into one promotion.

tu_79, Stalker0 and ElliotS like this.
  6. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Call it the 'siege unit' promotion, a promotion the joins together all the free promotions a siege unit has. Then, as the unit upgrades, replace this promotion with 'modern siege unit', joining 'siege unit' promotion with indirect fire and extra range.

The same can be done for every unit type, for coherence.

CrazyG likes this.
  7. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

We do need to figure out the UUs though. Like the H'wacha doesn't have the land unit target penalty, so if we pushed all the other promotions together, we might have to leave out that one, or we create something for H'wacha. Things like land unit target penalty or naval unit target penalty do provide information to players.

I actually think the ideal would be to make it so that once you take drill 2, you no longer have drill 1. This cuts off two promotions from all the super promoted units (which are the problem)

bigcat88 likes this.
  8. pza

pza Prince

or... we could improve the UI.
    If the engine is broken, why try to fix the transmission?

9. pza

pza Prince

I'm afraid you're misinformed. As you said, the transmission is part of the drivetrain, but it's not part of the engine. The engine is part of the powertrain, but not the drivetrain. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drivetrain
    Large ships for example do not even have a transmission.

ryanmusante likes this.
  10. adac

adac Chieftain

You might look at https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/promotion-flags-eui.630424/

It's being developed actively, condenses promotions (and actually updates many of the icons from the generic triangle and tells you what they are on enemy units), is compatible with EUI and save-game compatible. I just started using it, and while it's not perfect, it's a big improvement. I was driven to look for something like this when I was fighting the Huns and a horde of (surprisingly tough) Horseman showed up with 4 or 5 generic-triangle promotions and I couldn't tell what they were. It was the first time it had ever bothered me enough that I actually wanted to know what promotions they had.

One (to me) minor issue is that the PoW counter on captured workers doesn't work by default. The icon is there so you know if the effect is active, you just don't know how much longer it has. I can live with that.

11. Noob Fanboy

Noob Fanboy Warlord

About that, i guess you can change the worker name, and put in the name, the turn you got the worker

12. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

As soon as akamal returns, he'll probably update the mod with the fix.