confederate great general (version 1)

bernie14

Filter Manipulator
ok, here is v2 of the confederate GG....it looks ok using nifskope animation, but not tested in game
I would appreciate if anyone could actually test this guy out in game

DOWNLOAD

awesome model :),

unfortunally no luck with the animation. made a quick test and saw some problems. the right arm is strongly streched (the left seems ok), sometime the pants look throu the coat and the idle aniamtion looks like he want ot cut his own hand (perhaps the pics will help you to fix the issues - if you get used to make your nifswap in nifscope you could test the animation already there [atm with your nif it doesn´t work because your lee mesh is outside the animated tree])

edit2: beside the suicide position of the sword, is has the right position in the hand

Attachments

• probs.jpg
    probs.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 272
awesome model :),

unfortunally no luck with the animation. made a quick test and saw some problems. the right arm is strongly streched (the left seems ok), sometime the pants look throu the coat and the idle aniamtion looks like he want ot cut his own hand (perhaps the pics will help you to fix the issues - if you get used to make your nifswap in nifscope you could test the animation already there [atm with your nif it doesn´t work because your lee mesh is outside the animated tree])

edit2: beside the suicide position of the sword, is has the right position in the hand

thanks, The_Coyote.....i have DL both your nifskope and animate with blender and nifscope TUTS and will be doing some homework :goodjob:

BTW, how can i view the animation with nifscope? do i need the kfs and kfm?

yes it´s like Flintlock1415 wrotes, spells - attach kf - select kf (the kfm only says the game which structure [nif] and which kf is for which situation). But like said before with your nif it won´t work atm, because the lee model is outside the tree of the animated bones [you will only see a moving skeleton].

To get it working with lee, open the nif, rename the bones the model is rigged to (best uses NiSkinInstance of the NiTriShape of lee), save. Open the saved nif 2 times, in one (now called target nif) delete the entire scene root part of the tree with the model (not the one with the animated bones). As last step copy the model from the second Nifscope instance to your target nif and add it as child to MD NonAccum.

Btw, imo it´s worth to invest the time to get familiar with nifscope, reboning it´s much faster with nifscope than with nifviewer (but tbh depends on the similarities of the bone structure). Eg if both models have the same structure (and bone names), you only have to copy the exported model to the nif which animation you want to use

@The_Coyote....i am reading your excellent TUTs, but havent had the time yet to manipulate the files.....

I was able to get the animation to work with my modern warlord (with sabre and crop) and i think it looks really cool....

@Ekmek.....i did the modern warlord because i was able to DL a nif with kfs/kfm (Wolfshanze's german general). i don't have access to my game files now....however, the modern warlord animation looks REALLY cool with the sword, he twirls the sword around and then thrusts it froward.....

i will work on getting Lee rigged with nifscope ASAP :D

Nice work!!!:goodjob: Any aim to do also a Patton as great general? :mischief:

patton and prehaps a german with a nice coat :) there is an excellent Monty out, can't recall creator....

ok...i think it is fixed....the nifskope animations look good....if someone could test in game would be greatly appreciated

Tested in-game, works like charm!
What's coming next?

excellent!!!....thanks avain :goodjob:

next is the union general...gotta make some slight blender and nif changes....and then, i will take up KrugerPritz' request for a Patton GG, and prolly a german ww2 GG (wolfie's is ok, but the coat is wrong)...then, i am doing a siamese rifleman for the capo :D

excellent!!!....thanks avain :goodjob:

next is the union general...gotta make some slight blender and nif changes....and then, i will take up KrugerPritz' request for a Patton GG, and prolly a german ww2 GG (wolfie's is ok, but the coat is wrong)...then, i am doing a siamese rifleman for the capo :D

You know, I never notice my PMs now that they removed that flashing image. I didn't realize you replied to that. Thanks! And this GG looks awesome, I'll use your Union one for the Americans (although I suppose I could use this one too) in my mod.

I threw together the Siamese Rifleman Bernie. And you should already have the image its based on. I did a pretty piss-poor job of texturing it. I used your Aussie Rifleman as a base. I hope you can fix my work! Thanks again.

@The Capo......got it....this shouldn't take too long....i'll get it out after i finish grant (union GG) :)

@KrugerPritz....the base is the machinegunner, blenderized, with a 256 texture and tweeked with my new nifskope skills (thanks to The Coyote) :D

Top Bottom