Confession time - what have you never done in this game that other people do routinely?

Big one for me is i never won a religious victory, even when playing peter, i just cant be doing with 'religious combat'
I still used a lot of his Unique district, the faith helped me expand fast and spam rock bands, but i lost my own religion at some point as always

I would be out of my mind with Next Turn clicks to finish a Time Victory. Hard pass.

No aircraft carriers, no fighters to put on aircraft carriers, no anti-aircraft, no drones. Very rarely bombers.

No nukes.

No Neighborhoods for gold. Might be missing out there, turn some sweet Farm into Gold to buy a Spaceport.

I've only ever ran the world out of Great Scientists, Great Engineers and Great Prophets. Maybe I'll have to try to clean up the other categories to see who's there.

I basically like never preplace districts specifically to lock in the cost. I think it's a dumb mechanic and unnecessary micromanagement. Sometimes I would interrupt building a district to take advantage of cards, but that's about it.

I would be out of my mind with Next Turn clicks to finish a Time Victory. Hard pass.

I'm the same... But I wanted to have at least ONE score victory. So what I did is start a game at information era. Played only some 85 turns et voila ! Score victory, because the game starts at around turn 415 (from memory)...

Harvested a ressource. I know there are some advantages in doing it, but I don't like to. It feels like destroying my country.
This. I want to use my resources, I don't find use in removing them.

I don't "get" the Norway pillage strategy and pillaging in general. I'm sure it's powerful but when I go to war it's usually to conquer cities. And I don't want to have to repair everything.
Maybe I should try it in one of my many defensive holy wars but often those aren't with neighboring civs.

1. Not sure what other players normally do as I've never played multiplayer, so maybe that's #1
  2. I avoid higher difficulties. I've won Emperor once in a tiny map and didn't enjoy the game so I'm fine in King. I'll only try Immortal and Deity to unlock the achievements if I find myself in the mood. I've played since Civ 2 in the easiest levels. Only in V I dared to play above the default difficulty.
  3. I'm too lazy to pay THAT much attention to micro-management, so maybe that's why I'd struggle with higher difficulties? Here's a list of things that I never do, or only have done once or twice because is part of a Civ unique ability.
  • Build forts. I tried it with Poland, I didn't grab the tiles I wanted with the culture bomb so still like that I thought they were meh.
  • It wasn't until very recently that I started building Aqueducts. I never understood much their need, maybe because I don't give housing that much importance. I always resolve it with policy cards, beliefs, sewers and neighborhoods. But since I learned of their adjacency boost to industrial zones in combination with dams I've started to build them more often.
  • I don't build airports. I'm fine with land units and occasionally naval to take coastal cities when going for domination. I believe in vanilla they used to boost tourism somehow but it changed after expansions? I don't quite remember, but I think I used to build some just for that. I never liked aerial warfare anyway.
  • Never build railroads. Actually I only rush buy a couple of military engineers for the tech boost (can't remember which one)
  • I think the only thing I harvest is stone for the wonders. Actually I only remove forests and jungles to rush most needed wonders. I'd rather keep them and work on them
  • I play with animations on. Yes I like them. For me it only becomes annoying in the late game, with the bombers and robots. Only since two games ago I started to turn them off, but only the battles.
I guess in King you can do fine with none of this stuff, but I assume you'll struggle if you don't have them on higher levels? I would like to know

Thought of something else. I always pick democracy. There is some variation in the other tiers but always democracy for the alliance traderoute buffs. I should try the other two, especially communism.

I never:

chop forests
harvest resources
use mounted units (except for eurekas or to get UI era score)
keep conquered cities
care for diplomatic votes, just click anything at random
play red death

I've never:
Dominated everyone even on tiny
- Not played online
-:had a time victory
- gotten all the civics

I never build holy sites in non-religious games (easily my least fave victory, its just spamming Apostles), and I also rarely harvest: I just think the long term boons of the resources are worth more than the brief gain. I also don't build anti-cav before anti-tank (when the AI spams Recruit Partisans and I have to deal with the endless tanks). Also have never done online, but it sounds like that's 50/50 on here.

I never won a religious victory - until my last game. It turns out that religious victory is really easy on Duel size. (Note: I almost lost to a religious victory from my opponent, but I was able to turn the tide at the last minute by declaring war and condemning the Dutch heretics.)

Haven't tried multiplayer, gone for a score victory, or bothered trying to beat the game on immortal or diety.

There's a lot of Civs I've never played as but I'm trying to work through them one-by-one. I've never beaten the game on Emperor or above (although have an Emperor game that should win DV at the next WC)

I think most other things I've done in one play through or another although I've not done much modern warfare.

I've tried each Scenario, and Red Death, at least once but I can't really get on board with them.

I don't recall ever having had a score victory (or defeat for that matter) and I can't really see why I'd bother, seems like you'd have to engineer it by deliberately NOT getting other victories unless you just switch them all off.

I've not found any of the new Natural Wonders yet... keep thinking I should just make a map with them on and play it but that seems cheap, somehow.

I've never gotten a score victory, I always play with turn limit turned off. Haven't gotten a religious or diplomatic victory in VI yet either, or even bothered to try. I'm definitely Domination heavy, and when I'm not going for Domination its usually Science. Have never played MP either, in V or VI.

I play only Island Plates. I haven't found any other map to yield Earthlike results.

Top Bottom