(CONFIRM) Incorrect turns to border expansion shown in Dom. Advisor Screen

mjs0

The 4th X
The domestic advisor has two columns that include two numbers (the second in parentheses) culture and GPPs.

For GPPs the number in paren is correctly showing the number of turns until that city will generate a great leader.

For culture the number in paren is not useful. I believe it should be the number of turns until the next level of culture is reached. Unfortunately the value in paren is always being computed as:

"Next culture level" / "generated culture"

rather than:

("Next culture level" - "total current culture") / "generated culture"

So (playing epic speed)...I have a city whose current culture level is "developing" (i.e. 250-749) with total culture of 293. Generating 12.50 culture per turn it will take me 37 turns to reach the next level, which is correctly shown in the city screen:

However, in the domestic advisor the value shown in the culture column is "12 (60)" rather than "12 (37)". Note that 60 is 750/12.5

The problem is line 255 in CvDomesticAdvisor.py

Code:
iCultureTimes100 = pLoopCity.getCultureTimes100(CommerceTypes.COMMERCE_CULTURE)

getCultureTimes100 requires the PlayerID not the CommerceType:

Code:
iCultureTimes100 = pLoopCity.getCultureTimes100(pLoopCity.getOwner())

However I think total culture would be more helpful, especially if your aiming for cultural victory.

Yes I noticed this in a game I won by culture victory. I had no idea what the second number was in the domestic advisor screen because it didn't correlate with the number of turns to expansion. I had to get out the pen and paper and calculator.

Nice to see I wasn't going crazy and that it is in fact a bug.

*bump*

I just got my first Prince win and first attempt at Cultural Victory, and up until the last 30 turns, I had been basing my decisions on this number! I figured the value was analogous to the Great Person column, where the parenthesized value indicated the number of turns to the next GP--that is, I expected it to be the number of turns until the next culture level. I realized something was fishy when I dropped a Great Work in one of my cities and the number didn't change at all.

The number ought to be the same as the "(N Turns)" value in the first line of the City Screen culture bar's mouseover. Dagorath's fix produces this accurately.

Top Bottom