(CONFIRMED) Lock Modified Assets = Crash

:hmm: I'm getting this too - but only when the locked assets are modified. And I can load a locked file without a message when the assets match.

Bug Description
The Locked assets check is not working correctly.

Expected behavior
  1. After creating a game with 'lock modified assets', starting the game should give you a message stating that the assets have been locked to prevent changes. You don't get this message.
  2. When loading a locked-assets game, if the assets don't match, then you should get a message to that effect, and the game should return to the main menu.

Actual behavior
  1. Loading a 'lock modified assets' game with no changed assets results in the save being loaded - with no message.
  2. Loading a 'lock modified assets' game with different assets results in the 'locked assets' message, followed by a crash to desktop.

Steps to reproduce
  1. Start a custom game with a clean install. Select the 'lock modified assets' option.
  2. Launch the game. Once launched, save it.
  3. Load the saved game. Observe that it loads with no message about locked assets.
  4. Quit BTS, and open the \BTS\Assets\XML\Civilizations\ folder
  5. Make a copy & paste of one of the XML files (ie - to change the assets checksum)
  6. Start BTS and load the 'locked assets' save.
  7. Confirm that you get a 'assets protected' message, followed by a CTD.

:hmm: I'm getting this too - but only when the locked assets are modified. And I can load a locked file without a message when the assets match.

Bug Description
The Locked assets check is not working correctly.

Expected behavior
  1. After creating a game with 'lock modified assets', starting the game should give you a message stating that the assets have been locked to prevent changes. You don't get this message.
  2. When loading a locked-assets game, if the assets don't match, then you should get a message to that effect, and the game should return to the main menu.

Actual behavior
  1. Loading a 'lock modified assets' game with no changed assets results in the save being loaded - with no message.
  2. Loading a 'lock modified assets' game with different assets results in the 'locked assets' message, followed by a crash to desktop.

Steps to reproduce
  1. Start a custom game with a clean install. Select the 'lock modified assets' option.
  2. Launch the game. Once launched, save it.
  3. Load the saved game. Observe that it loads with no message about locked assets.
  4. Quit BTS, and open the \BTS\Assets\XML\Civilizations\ folder
  5. Make a copy & paste of one of the XML files (ie - to change the assets checksum)
  6. Start BTS and load the 'locked assets' save.
  7. Confirm that you get a 'assets protected' message, followed by a CTD.

Mine doesn't even load. From the Custom Game screen it goes to the loading bar screen and then crashes. Oh well, hope it gets fixed.

Doesn't bother me too much though, just used to ticking the box from always having used the HOF mod in Warlords.

I'm actually getting this same bug. I first noticed it while attempting to start a multiplayer game. Tried Direct IP, Lan, and Online games all crashed as soon as the game was started. I saw this bug post and attempted to launch a single player custom game with lock modified assets and got a crash.

So really wanting to play some multiplayer and after a bit of fooling around with different things, I realized that on the first day I have placed the the Blue Marble terrain files in my custom assests folder. I removed them and my multiplayer game/single with lock modified assests launched perfectly. Something for others to try.

Sorry for gravedigging this thread, but I thought it might be helpful to folks if somebody consolidated the collected fixes for this problem as a lot of people seem to encounter it.

Again, this is for people who get a crash to desktop (CTD) when they load a multiplayer game with a Mod installed. An error message quickly flashes, too fast to read that says "The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed"

Here is what I think is wrong. Click this link to see if it matches your problem, and then read post #15 for the solution.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=470236

You must check to be sure that the Mod is in the BTS/Mods folder and not present in the "My Games" folder. Check your My Games folder on your computer. It will probably be in a folder named whatever your username is on your computer. It is probably in the same folder as your "My Documents"

In the "My Games" folder, there should be a folder that says Firaxis or Steam, then a Folder for Civ 4 then BTS. In the BTS folder there is a Mods folder. The Mod must not be in this "My Games" folder or any subfolder of "My Games". The Mod must only be in the C:/Program Files/Firaxis/Civ4/BTS/Mods folder.

Another thing it might be is that you have the Blue Marble add-on or something else in your "Custom Assets" folder. Remove it and the game should work. Click this link to see if it matches your problem and read post #7 for the solution.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=233874

The last thing I have seen is that Norton Antivirus causes the problem and that uninstalling then reinstalling Norton fixes it. Here is a link:
http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showt...d=5586&page=11 Read post #104 to see if it matches your problem and post #106 to see the solution.

Top Bottom