Conflict Manager's Office

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
Basic Ruleset

My Manager's Voice will be: Purple

1. Each character may raise a certain number of units per chat. This is based on their caste level and modified by their statistics and abilities.

2. Each character also has a maximum number of units that they can maintain command over. This is based on their territory controlled and modified by their statistics and abilities. (Note that with the proper statistics and abilities a character can raise and maintain troops regardless of their caste level.)

3. Each unit costs one shield and one food per chat to be maintained in fighting order. A unit without this support becomes a half strength unit. After 2 chats at half strength the unit will disperse.

4. Each unit costs a number of shields to raise that is equal to 1/10 of the number of shields to build it in the Civ3 game.

5. Mercenary units must be supported with gold and cost gold equivalent to their unit raising cost each chat. (Example: It costs 3 shields to raise a swordsman. It would cost 3g per chat to maintain a mercenary swordsman.)

6. Units are stationed in a territory and can be assumed to be located anywhere inside that territory. A unit can move into (through) one territory per chat for each of its Civ3 movement points. If movement is not contested and is along roads a unit can move into (through) 3 territories per chat for each of its Civ3 movement points. A unit must always stop movement when it enters a contested territory.

7. Units in a contested area will fight using their unit attack/defense values from the Civ3 game modified by character warfare skills, terrain, defenses, etc. Forces may be destroyed, rebuffed, routed, etc.

8. The Conflict Manager has overall authority over all units and is responsible for tracking the units for each character, their location, movement, upkeep, status and all conflicts resulting from actions in contested territories.

CivGeneral's In-House Rules

1. In the event of a battle between batallions of units, it will be possible (by random event) that leaders of those units may be hurt. As technology gets better where leaders are less and less needed at the front, this risk diminishes.

2. The Conflict Manager reserves the right to create/alter units available for use by players to fill in upgrade lines in the Civ3 game.

3. Each invidividual real-life player may create one unique unit. That individual can create all stats (subject to approval by the manager), and must assign it to one of his characters. When a character with a UU dies, the UU dies along with him, becoming an equivilant unit available to all. Each individual may only create one UU for one character throughout the game.

4. The Conflict Manager reserves the right to create NPC armies to invade Fanatica.

5. All units that would regularly require a special resource will require that resource. The resource may only be used if it is inside your territory, or if you have agreements with another character to use the resource. The resources need not be connected by road in-game. This goes for barracks as well: You must control a city with in-game barracks to upgrade troops.

6. You may only command a number of units equivilant to your character's charisma statistic. You may raise more units than that number, but those units should be placed under the command of another character. I will allow you to command more troops than your charisma score, but be warned, as those additional troops may rebel.

7. Please remember that all decimals should be rounded down, be it .1111 or .9999.

8. Upgrade costs are one-half the difference of the costs of the old and new unit.

Thread Rules

1. Please keep all unnecesary discussion out of this thread. It is only reserved for orders, or notifications of conflict.

2. Clearly label each post (Troop Raising, Troop Orders, Character Conflict, etc.). Unclearly labelled posts will be skimmed through and disregarded as spam.

Troop Tracking
Please note: All troops are stationed in their home territory, unless otherwhise noted

Current Update - 570 B.C.

Code:
Unit		ADM	Cost	Special	Upgrade[/b]
-Army- 

Warrior		1/1/1	1		Swordsman/Legionary
Archer		2/1/1	2		-N/A-
Spearmen	1/2/1	2		-N/A-
Legionaries	3/3/1	4	Iron	-N/A-
Swordsmen	3/2/1	3	Iron	-N/A-
Charioteer	1/1/3	2	Horses	Horsemen
Chariot Archer	2/1/2	3	Horses	Horse Archer
Horsemen	2/1/3	3	Horses	-N/A-
Horse Archer	3/1/2	4	Horses	-N/A-

-Navy-
N/A
[b]Unique Unit Archive

Unit		ADM	Cost	Special	Upgrade	Creator[/b]
no UUs have been created by any players.

hmmm. is it still possible to buy warriors?!? it shouldnt be... otherwise we could buy warriors and upgrade them instead of buying legionarries ;-)

also, the posted xls is FAR outdated.

the latest version is:here.

but dont forget also to implement the helentica corrections immediately as to be found
here and here.

also note that troops moovements have been urgently requested for the next TC, which is tonitght :)

Troop rasing:

Corevius Nero has 12\10\12. He will convert the gold to make it like this: 14\14. I will raise 3 legionaries per turn untill I have 14 legionaries. This will work tight? :)

The troops will go to Xennon Nero when Corevius Dies.

Stucks approval of land income: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1026926#post1026926

I will use the two gold thats left to hire a mercenary spearman.

@SJ:
1) we dont have gold to hire units until currency. you can only exchange the commerce of a tile into resources at the moment.
2) to your calculation: 3 leginaries will cost you 3f+3s in maintenance. they will also cost you 3*4=12 shield to raise.
this tc: 12\10\12 to go with, raise 3 legions, have 12\0\8 left
next tc: 9\7\1 to go with, raise 3 legions, 9\0\2 left
next tc: 6\4\12 to go with, only 2 legions to raise, 6\0\4 left
next tc: 4\2\12 to go with, only 2 legions to raise, 4\0\0 left
next tc: 2\0\12 to go with, only 2 legions to raise, 2\0\4 left
next tc: 0\0\8 to go with... no more legions possible

so no, you will only be able to raise and support 12 legions.
provided that you DO NOT have any other units to support and dont need to use anything for something else.

the only possibility you would have is that you could drop support of your units for 1 TC to gain enough shields to raise 2 more legions. and then resupply the units to heal them afterwards.
this would leave you with 14 legions, but after support cost you wouldnt have any leftovers. as such no income with currency and no resources to build anything ;-)

CG, if we implement land corruption, you might want to change the round down on all decimal rule so that all decimals .5 or below are rounded down, all decimals above .5 are rounded up. This way, 1 gold still wouldn't be able to make 1 shield (as .5 would be rounded down) but 5% land corruption wouldn't cause all tiles to lose one of everything they produce.

@boot: i think land corruption will be implemented on a tile base, not %-age base. afaik stuck wanted to let for example only the first 15 tiles get full output... as such, the rounding down is GOOD >-)... so all people above 15 tiles will be punished and thus maybe think about giving them away... even more if we start to implement maintenance cost per tile raising so that all tiles above #15 will cost money ;-)

Yes I will do what dis said there :)

But I will only go up to 12 legions...

All posts from this point on have been registered

Note - This is for book keeping purpouses.

@Dis - YOur order and queue orders have been registered.

@Boots - Ill consider it :).

Here is the attack plan on the egyptians.

The Blue is the second divison.
The Red is the First Divison.
The Green is the headquearters
The Yellow is where the archers will stand when providing firecover...
The Dark green is the spy divisions spot. Antonius forces will also be there rushing into the city..
The White arrows are the attacking lines of the Jade Commandos

The backer red and blue are their camps while the fron one are theire attack positions..

A brief explanation to the picture:

Both divisons will move forwards to theri attack positions when the attack is launched. The together 4 horse archers (and maby some more to come) will split up from the divsions and provide artillery cover at the yellow point. The battle will be commanded from the HQ at the green point. There will be 3 spears protecting the HQ. The Dark green is where the horsemen Julius command will be spread out. They are to take all who trie to escape the backway... The Antonius forces will also be there. They will attcak just before the Jades.. The Jade commandos will engage their attack from the sides... They will squise them with brute force :)

OOC: I hoe all agrees to this. CG: If you agree you must move your troops to the tiles that the arrows come from...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start Attack NOW!

Originally posted by disorganizer
CG?!? i made queue orders ?!? i just explained to SJ how it works... which queue orders?

Ill disregard that message sorry for the mix up :).

@SJ - Getting my battle map 2000 ready :D

CG: Dont forget my request about raisng legions. I said I do it the way Dis said. just read the post..

I apply for a deputy conflict manager. :)

i already posted in booties thread that i think there should be a difference between legions and swordmen, as there is in the game. see details in my post there :)

Top Bottom