Conflict with RealWar?

obsolete

Deity
I had Bug installed so instead of loading it always as a mod, it's there by default.

However, today I tried to load the mod 'Real Always War' :
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13444

I noticed that when doing so, all the GUI components in the game get stripped off, so you just get to see your units and the map. After a little bit of examination, it seemed there is a conflict with BuG Mod. Unless the script error I got was a red herring.

I wonder what the simplest solution is here, or if I have to restore older files to remove BuG, etc.

Sounds like you have BUG installed under customassets and that there is some conflict between the files in customassets and the files in the mod. Edit the 'Real Always War' mod ini file and tell it to ignore customassets.

Thanks Ruff, it really was that simple to fix.

Always Real War is just a CvEventManager replacement, and BUG doesn't touch that file. If you want to play with them together, copy Assets/Python/CvEventManager.py from ARW to CustomAssets/Python. Remove the file to revert.

Hmm, something else new now. I recently installed BULL since it comes with the Advanced Combat Odds. I noticed when I play a regular game ONLINE, I run into some weird problems with TXT_KEY_LATLONGTXT_KEY_ messages, etc. But if I play a solo game then it works just fine.

I also noticed if I play a succession game, (USING THE ALWAYS REAL WAR MOD) I get something that looks like this:

This is caused by BTS not loading BULL's XML and Art assets. When you play multiplayer games, I believe that Lock Modified Assets is enforced to be on. I assume all of you are running BULL? If not, I would expect it to complain about your custom DLL. If you are, have everyone install it as a mod instead of to CustomAssets.

If this isn't the case, can you explain exactly how you have it installed, what the others are running, etc?

Top Bottom