Congratulations fellow Quatronians

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
Congratulations fellow Quatronians!!!

Dear countrymen. I will hereby congratulate all of us for snatching both Buddhism and the Stonehenge ahead of other teams, putting us firmly in the lead. All of us made this happen, and both should be considered collective achievements.

Based on this, and the present technology route (Pottery, Sailing and Writing), I suggest we do the following. The present technology route will take us about 12 turns.

Continuum has a food challenge, as the two corn sites cannot carry the rest of the city foodwise, in utilizing the very good happiness level we worked so hard to achieve (8 now, 9 with garrison). I suggest we build a farm there now, by the river, and cottage this farm later when we got the lighthouse up and running.

Also, the Great Lighthouse does not exist in the game. Dave McW made that a joke.
I checked, and the Great Lighthouse is not build in this game.

This calls for the following technology route following writing: We can build a warrior, and a settler, as we research the present pottery, sailing and writing route.

Animal Husbandry/Hunting to map off horses for the UU and the horse resource, important for all planning (suggest to take Hunting before this, for the reduced research costs).
Then we should research Iron Working, to map out what is the real resource picture on the island and the mainland, this information is critical to our success, as copper is nowhere to be found. During these turns, we can build a galley, and a warrior for scouting the mainland, and then we should build a lighthouse, to utilize all these gold rich coastal tiles with food. As the lighthouse is completed, we will get closer to our happiness cap, so we can stabilize, and turn to settlers again. The third settler should go to the mainland along with a warrior.

I am tempted to research Masonry after Iron Working, and make a sudden dash for the Great Lighthouse, and in worst case scenario we keep the gold from trying.
I sort of feel the GL will be ignored by the others for some reason.

Anyways, I am happy with this team, firmly putting the demons on the bonfire from the last multiteam demogame, and the kind of team I always have been looking for. So thank you all!

As a Sage, I will write the narrative, which should have two versions. One for ourselves, which state the true history, the other history is more or less propaganda, skewed in order to destabilize the rationale of foreign emissaries trying to wrest secrets out of our diplomats.
This way
The most proper time to make a write up, would be by the completion of writing, coming after Pottery and Sailing.

Highlights for the first 2000 years (4000 BC to 2000 BC) would be our early religion, Stonehenge and the extreme happiness of our nation that has no bounds along with the good economy.

I think our first trade this game would be with our spare silver, which we should direct to the weaker neighbors this game.

The GLH is one of my favorite wonders, especially on a map like this. I love getting money from building cities, and a long as we have open borders and enough contacts, each new city is worth 6-7 gpt even at size one.

Stonehenge news is really good, of course, nice work everyone, and glad we got it, hopefully even screwed with other team's plans :p

However, I'm pretty sure the Great Lighthouse was removed for real - it doesn't show up because it's in a barbarian city, not a civilization, and wasn't actually built but worldbuilded? I'll test this out, and maybe we should ask for clarification, but we should definitely see before we change tech routes. If Dave didn't tell directly confirm it was just a joke (hadn't already asked?) and with all the trouble that announcement caused I'm going to still think it was for real, if not this is just going to cause another real storm between all the teams.

As far as technology goes - I agree with the merits of revealing both horse and iron, that is a very feasible path if we do want to go for that. A few of us were also looking at Mathematics for forest chops and leading to techs like Calendar/Currency but we don't have to go all the way through that part of the tech tree right now if we don't want to. Also, we'll have to see whom we can start trading with, because that will make a big difference, if we can find someone else to research Alphabet and trade.

I disagree on farming at the capital for now since we already have a plan for cottages at the capital, and it's really not that low on food. We aren't working the one wheat from last turn, remember, but we currently have a +5 :food: surplus. (Also not working the plains hill, but we're not going to now anyway since we have no reason to.) Working the spices/cottaged tiles we have that +5 food all the way up to 7 or 8 pop.

Top Bottom