Congratulations...

Which sporting event do you go to?

• World Cup Final (Football)

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Tour de France Final Day (Cycling) (Yeah, I know, you don't need a ticket...:))

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Champions Leauge Final (Football)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Super Bowl (A. Football)

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Stanley Cup Finals Decider (Ice Hockey)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • NBA Playoff Finals Decider (Basketball)

• Monaco Grand Prix (Formula One)

• World Cup Final (Cricket)

• Ryder Cup Singles Day (Golf)

• U.S. Masters Final Round (Golf)

• World Cup Final (Rugby Union)

• Daytona 500 (NASCAR)

• World Series Decider (Baseball)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • World Cup Final (Rugby League)

• Olympics Final Day (Athletics)

• Other

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

mordhiem

Quantum Physicist
...you have won a golden ticket! This ticket can get you into any sporting event in the next 4 years, but only one. All you have to decide is which one to choose. Vote above from one of the more well known options, or vote other and post here.

Being American, it was a tough choice between the Super Bowl, the NBA and MLB championships, but after watching the excitement of the last two Ryder Cups and being a big golf fan, I choose the Ryder Cup.

Lots of emotion and national pride on the line and the matches see-saw back and forth. Other championships like this tend to end up as mismatches but lately, the Cups have been close and hard-fought and would be worth the visit.

Well it really would depend on the teams playing. But since this is just a poll... I'll pick the World Series if the Chicago Cubs ever make it to one in my lifetime ;)

Probably an All Ireland final. I don't whether to choose Football or Hurling though. If Down were playing in a football final I would have to be there. Or if Tipperary were playing in a Hurling final I would like to see it.

Originally posted by Ming
Well it really would depend on the teams playing.
Yeah, that's the decisive factor.
It would be a football final, maybe I would have gone to the 2002 final if I would have had the chance.

I'd have to vote for Other.

My vote would be to watch an AFL (Australian Footy) Grand Final, especially if my team were playing.

AFL Grand Final or cricket World Cup Final.

Either the Superbowl (especially if Miami were playing), or the Boxing Day Ashes Test.

GO HOCKEY i would give anything to go to the deciding game of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. it would be awesome

Depends...

World Cup Final would be my first option: Only if it was held in Germany and only if the U.S. was playing!!!

Not gonna happen...

Otherwise, Super Bowl or National Title Game would be fine with me, as long as Nebraska is playing in the National Title game.

Which happens all the time! :D (Not this year of course though :()

If England were in the World Cup Final I would sell my own granny for a ticket. I am not sure who would accept my Granny as legal tender and I am sure the massive increase of Grannies on the market before the Final would seriously lower the price. However if it was possible then I would do it.

If not the World Cup than the FA cup (which should be on the poll).

If England were in the World Cup Final

Yep Definately! :goodjob:

I would sell my own granny for a ticket. I am not sure who would accept my Granny as legal tender and I am sure the massive increase of Grannies on the market before the Final would seriously lower the price. However if it was possible then I would do it.

Perhaps not... :crazyeye:

Originally posted by MrPresident
If England were in the World Cup Final I would sell my own granny for a ticket.
Nice attitude. ;)
Fortunately for your granny you are English. :p

If not the World Cup than the FA cup (which should be on the poll).
The FA Cup seems to have a high priority for fans over there. Would you prefer its final to for example a EURO final?

tough choic between the champions league and world cup it will proberbly depend on whos playing in the matches

easy, i can eliminate all but super bowl and world cup finals (football of course) and since i always watch the bowl on TV, i will take Germany '06

The FA Cup seems to have a high priority for fans over there. Would you prefer its final to for example a EURO final?
If it came down to it I would choose the European Cup Final over the FA cup Final. However I would definately prefer to win the FA cup over the UEFA cup. There is something magically about the FA cup that is incredible hard to describe (I believe it is the oldest footballing competition in the world). It is a real shame that Wembley is currently being redeveloped because there is something special about walking up the ramp to the twin towers to see your team in an FA cup final.
Fortunately for your granny you are English.
Indeed. If there is one thing I can guarantee in my lifetime it is this, England will lose in the World Cup final on penalties to the Germans. It is our destiny.

Without hesitation I choose World Cup.
visit different country
see possibly the best athletes in the world
see a sporting event with global implications

Another WC final vote. But in two years from now, the Euro 2004 final will be held in the city I live. Let's see if I can get a ticket for that. And if Portugal plays the decisive match, what a day will it be. :egypt:

Originally posted by MrPresident
If it came down to it I would choose the European Cup Final over the FA cup Final.
I actually meant a European Championships final, involving national teams. As it is not a World Cup the well-deserved curse of 1966 may spare England in that one.
However I would definately prefer to win the FA cup over the UEFA cup.
Hmm, the FA Cup's importance really seems to be as big as it is reported. I'd in anyway prefer a European Cup win over a domestic one, although I'd prefer the domestic league title over everything else.
There is something magically about the FA cup that is incredible hard to describe (I believe it is the oldest footballing competition in the world). It is a real shame that Wembley is currently being redeveloped because there is something special about walking up the ramp to the twin towers to see your team in an FA cup final.
So have you already been there?

Top Bottom