1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Coning Thwarted

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LucyDuke, Sep 20, 2011.

1. bhsup

bhsup Chieftain

Yeah, now see that's the kind of prank that makes me wish the restaurants had a button they could push that would rapidly deploy some spikes in front of the car to blow out all the tires. That's totally ridiculous and unacceptable.

Coning on the other hand, just close the drive-thru window and let them leave. Rapidly, because I might be behind them waiting on my order and I shouldn't have to wait because some twit is grabbing ice cream cones with their hands.

2. Nick Carpathia

Nick Carpathia Unleash the HAARP

Coning may or may not be funny. I don't really care. I don't even think the coners really care if they get their ice cream or not.

The problem is that they paid for ice cream, and McDonalds manager used the opportunity to make threats and dictate to them what they could or could not do with the ice cream, like they wanted to be a school principal. On the other hand he is still an authority figure to his restaurant, can you imagine how he treats people he has real power over?

Congrats for demonstrating your idiotic middle-management power fantasies.

Moderator Action: Congrats for demonstrating flaming!
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

3. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Well i guess it wouldn't cost them anything since the ice cream is paid for, unless the customer tried to demand a replacement for free.

4. Silurian

Silurian Warlord

I agree that is assault. The idiots should be reported to the police and hopefully convicted. Hopefully they would be sentenced to pick up litter around the fast food places every Saturday for a month or two so everybody can see what idiots they are.

5. Nick Carpathia

Nick Carpathia Unleash the HAARP

Huh, strangely enough, I assumed that VRWC agent quoted Yet Another Coning Video, and he was using it to excuse violent power fantasies. The filmers of that one were actual jerks this time.

His revenge fantasies are still a Bad Idea because it's trying to cure a set of unjust actions with a set of even worse, except this time the latter can potentially be used even more brutally by the state.

6. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator

You're familiar with the concept of "fantasies", right? I mean, just because I fantasize about arming my car with nuclear land torpedoes that would vaporize the idiot in front of me that sits in the fast lane talking on their phone oblivious to the traffic around them doesn't mean that I'd favor anything close to actually implementing it in real life.

7. SuperJay

SuperJay Bending Space and Time

If I were McD's guy I think I'd just have tossed the ice cream into the car for them. If the whole point is to be absurd and funny by making a mess... why not help them out a bit? ;)

Ofc that would probably result in losing your job but w/e. It's not the economy sucks or anything.

8. IglooDude

Now see, that's just awesome! :hatsoff:

9. Wolfbeckett

Wolfbeckett Jerkin' and nonsense.

I'm not... I don't... I just don't see why this coning business is supposed to be funny? People are way too easily amused these days.

10. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

The coning videos were not funny, but the alternatives where the guy moves the ice cream to his own cone or adds toppings and then drives off without it were.

11. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

People who cone are idiots

The manager/drive-through-window-guy must have been having a bad or long day.. Or he's just naturally crabby

But seriously, the first time "coning" happened, it was funny.. Because it was new and weird. Copying that guy is just dumb.. Do something new! Be creative! Rub a cheeseburger patty all over your chest.. Bring a deer in the car with you..

12. PeteAtoms

PeteAtoms FormulaRandom

Need something bacon related. . .

13. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Has coning become such an epidemic that it needs to be thwarted?

14. IglooDude

One coning is too many... :mischief:

15. PeteAtoms

PeteAtoms FormulaRandom

Is there a drive-thru policy regarding which vehicle window needs to accept the food? If someone in a 4-door car rolled up and both the driver and the backseat passenger reached out the window for the food, who would get it?

16. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

I assume the person with the money. I've gone through sunroofs and pulled forward so backseat passengers could deal with the window. I can't imagine the point of a rule about it.

17. PeteAtoms

PeteAtoms FormulaRandom

I'm just daydreaming some alternative, funnier, hijinks to pull in a drive-thru.

18. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

Maybe a pickup truck bed.

19. Mathilda

Mathilda Queen

Kids have pulled pranks for ever, now we just have to all know about it. :old:

Link to video.

And then there's batmanning and teapotting... :wallbash:

20. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

I suppose that when you're spending your day doing a crappy work because you need it, people playing prank becomes old very quickly.