1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Connect3D Radeon X1950XTX help

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by AxiomUk, Oct 4, 2006.

1. AxiomUk

AxiomUk Warlord

Right, anyone who has one of these will understand the hell of trying to find drivers that work, as the default issued ones are... problematic somewhat with some games as it is.

Anyway, that is not the problem. My concern is regarding the ATI Overdrive program.

With the default installed drivers, the clock speeds read as :
    Core- 506 Mhz
    Memory- 594Mhz

Now, the specs for this card means that these specs should go up to a maximum of :
    Core- 650Mhz
    Memory- 1000Mhz

However, this only appears to be the case when ATI Overdrive is running. The custom-released 6.9's seem to disable ATI Overdrive, which brings up a concern for me. Namely - If ATI Overdrive is not installed, does this mean my card's clock speeds will ALWAYS be underclocked due to no regulation of it?

I didn't pay for this card to have it always underclocked, so to simplify my question...

Does ATI Overdrive lock the underclocked card speeds as they are if you install drivers without Overdrive as part of the Catalyst?

2. jimbob27

jimbob27 Emperor

3. dannyevilcat

dannyevilcat DESTROYER OF FURNITURE

The clock speeds are lower when in 2D mode, because it doesn't need to be running full speed.

When you run 3D applications, the clock speed automatically kicks in to full gear.

nVidia cards do the same thing.