Conquerer's event

FakeShady

Prince
Ok i just started playing the new world civs (Aztecs, Incas), and i would like some information on how to properly prevent, or prepare, or defend against the conquerer's event in the latest version of RFC for bts. Any information would be much appreciated :)

go for Feudalism then spam longbowmen and catapults is generally what i do, maybe with a few spearmen for the knights. a bit of gold for some mercenaries never goes amiss either.

The conquerers will spawn on tiles within your territory without units in them. I just position a unit on each non-jungle tile. This will protect you as the Maya. As the Aztek, you have a lot of land and a lot of Dog Soldiers, so it's very tough to accomplish if you are also expanding your territory. As the Inca, a mountain or two will deform to a hill when the Europeans arrive, which their soldiers will spawn on if no land is left, so the trick doesn't work as well for the Inca. However, if you settle Venezuela and block all tiles with units, you can still cock up the Euro's conquest plans like this:

Spoiler :

(I know, it's an exploit, but it's still fun to do - if you'd like to play "fairly," just do what Hoplite Joe said and spam Longbowmen and catapults.)

Attachments

• 2011-03-16_00002.jpg
    2011-03-16_00002.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 982
The conquerers will spawn on tiles within your territory without units in them. I just position a unit on each non-jungle tile. This will protect you as the Maya. As the Aztek, you have a lot of land and a lot of Dog Soldiers, so it's very tough to accomplish if you are also expanding your territory. As the Inca, a mountain or two will deform to a hill when the Europeans arrive, which their soldiers will spawn on if no land is left, so the trick doesn't work as well for the Inca. However, if you settle Venezuela and block all tiles with units, you can still cock up the Euro's conquest plans like this:

Spoiler :

(I know, it's an exploit, but it's still fun to do - if you'd like to play "fairly," just do what Hoplite Joe said and spam Longbowmen and catapults.)

LMAO!!!!!

So i take it that there is no way to prevent them from coming? If i remember correctly there was a game when as the Aztecs i had a trireme meet a German caravel somewhere east of the Carribean, and no conquerers spawned, though i still got the plague. I didnnt know how to recreate it though :(

LMAO!!!!!

So i take it that there is no way to prevent them from coming? If i remember correctly there was a game when as the Aztecs i had a trireme meet a German caravel somewhere east of the Carribean, and no conquerers spawned, though i still got the plague. I didnnt know how to recreate it though :(

thats because you met them in the sea and they didnt see your land

thats because you met them in the sea and they didnt see your land

So if i were to meet the europeans in the sea and they dont see my land, i can prevent the conquerer's event every single time?

So if i were to meet the europeans in the sea and they dont see my land, i can prevent the conquerer's event every single time?

yes, i always put a fishing boat east of south america so i meet their ships.

Only on older versions. With 1.187, not only did Rhye restrict workboat movement, he expanded the conquerors area so that the old world can get conquerors even if they don't see your land.

But twice as the Aztecs in version 1.187 (the latest one) i managed to cancel the conqueror's event with a galley. I just dont know what cancelled it, and i sure dont know how to recreate it :(

just research whatever needs to be researched in order to build over 9000 catapults and suicide bomb whoever dares to intrude your native land. No conquistadors can withstand such massive assault.
A preventive galley sent to the caribbean does do the trick too, but they might sometimes come from another side (Japan). Don't listen to those folks above, they know nothing.

Find Europe or Asia before Europeans find you.
When I played Maya I send scout to Alaska and saw Siberia or It could be I saw Greenland I can't remember which. And I think I have send caravel to Europe too in one game. Anyway I don't remember details but I remember it was pretty easy and I have done it many times and I think it's not bug.
If no one else have done it I could try to find saves from my back ups and up load save so it could be check was it just bug or part of game.

It works with galleys but its tricky because if they come from the open ocean to see your borders your galleys wont help. but its worth a try...

Or make two galleys as a token production waste, then use the worldbuilder to give yourself a caravel and delete it after contact...

The event is disabled if first contact is made without Europeans seeing the native American cultural borders. So a scout on the edge of Brazil will do the job just as well as a boat if the first European caravel to sail past heads south instead of west.

As Inca, I like to settle along the northern coast of South America. If they meet you there, there should not conquerors. As Aztec or Maya, settling North America accomplishes the same. You might still get unlucky and have China or Japan find you from the west, though.

Getting your own Caravels and sailing to Europe might work, but it's a long way to Optics, now that Guilds is required. Maya might be able to pull that off as long as conquerors are a bit late.

But I prefer to meet them head-on. With crossbowmen rather than longbowmen, since these are much stronger against the natives. If they land somewhere unfortunate, reload the game from a couple turns back and move troops there in advance. Whip out walls if possible. Should usually work.

Top Bottom