1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

conquering cities option

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by bill2505, Sep 16, 2011.

1. bill2505

bill2505 Chieftain

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Can't be done in python in part because the change civic event is not 'exposed' to the python event handler. That does not put a stop to it though. I wonder why Afforess did not implement it? If he had we would have it also.

3. bill2505

bill2505 Chieftain

ok. thanks for the answer. also in the future do you plan to create a future to do list.

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

In theory that is what the discussion thread is about. If one of the modders decides t take it on they will usually make a new thread about that particular change to get more input and so on.

5. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I think I could add a change civic event fairly easily, but I'm not sure why you'd need one for this - surely you can just query the curent civics at the time of the city capture, or am I missing something?

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Only the BIG picture:mischief:. Which you are probably not privy to. There are a whole bunch of things we could do 'if only' there was a onCivicChange event that provided the old and new civic. The BUG people keep saying that they will get around to it sometime but it is very low priority.

For example: currently you can capture slaves and they remain slaves for ever unless you build something with them, convert them to a one shot unit or settle them into a city.

If we had the onCivicChange then those slaves could also be put to work in the fields and when you change from slavery they could be changed into something else, eg one in two become a worker and the rest go "free". Thus removing the main complaint of having slaves when you aren't running slavery.

7. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Ok, I'll put it highish on my list then - likely about the next after next. I want to adjust war weariness and food wastage, plus look at the reported ctds and errors first.

8. bill2505

bill2505 Chieftain

9. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Damned iPad auto correct! I meant 'likely about the week after next' ;)

10. stolenrays

stolenrays Chieftain