1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Conquering the World While Leaving One Barbarian City

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Strategy & Tips' started by seanwel, Jul 5, 2002.

1. seanwel

seanwel Emperor

I recently played a game in which, although I conquered every civilization, I kept the Barbarican-captured city of Madrid intact. My civilization score seemed to be a lot higher than it should have been when based upon my population, wonders of the world, etc. Perhaps there is some correlation between completing the game alongside of a Barbarian city and this high score. I will expedite the testing of this theory tomorrow by using the cheat menu. Has anyone ever encountered a similar experience?

2. seanwel

seanwel Emperor

I have one city which has a size of one. I used the cheat mode to reveal the entire map, to raise the level of the city of Moscow, to create Barbarian units that would easily capture Moscow, and to destroy all other existing civilizations.

I do not know if this image will work or not, but it shows a score of 1699.

3. cliff

cliff Deity

Unfortunately we cannot se your image.

Could it be that it counts as a conquest victory if only barbarians remain so that you get the bonus score instead of the civilization score?

4. Marlos

Marlos Christian Soldier

IIRC, cheat mode brings your score down. :nono: starlifter, duke o' york, am I right?

5. seanwel

seanwel Emperor

That is an interesting idea cliff. But I just tried a game where I did not build any cities, but rather, on my first turn, I destroyed all other civilization using the cheat menu, and acheived a score of 2699. Any ideas? I read that one can get a bonus of up to 2000 (if the actual civilization score is lower) if the game is completed quickly and efficiently.

6. ArmOrAttAk

ArmOrAttAk Warlord

LMAO @ that image. It's on your desktop dude. Put it on the web then link to it. Sign up for some free internet space somewhere. Would you really let people surf to your desktop?

7. starlifter

starlifter Deity

Upload you image from the UPLOAD link (it is at the bottom of every CFC page), and paste the link into your IMG tags.

Cheat mode will not affect score; it does put a red CHEAT MODE note on your game score, though.

The bonus score is for the early finish... it is not because of a barb held city :).

8. seanwel

seanwel Emperor

lol - I know the image linked to my desktop, but I did that because I thought the image would then be automatically attached to the text file I was posting...I see now how to upload the image - thanks starlifter, and for your explanation concerning the Barbarian city.

9. starlifter

starlifter Deity

seanwel, you can try the image upload to one of your posts here, if you'd like us to view your image.

The way I do it is to:

1. Upload using the link at the bottom of the page: "Upload File"
    2. Then "View Uploaded Files"
    3. Find your filename, and right click it.
    4. Copy the Link location.
    5. Paste the link into a IMG tag.
    6. Now the post will have an Image in it!

:)