Conqueror Events

inthesomeday

Immortan
Currently, in the game, there are five Conqueror events I can think of off of the top of my head.

1. Classical Empires
2. Seljuk Conquests
3. Mongol Conquests
4. Old World
5. Trading Companies

These are all well and good but I think there are a few more that could be implemented to enrich the game just a little bit more. Now, I know nothing on earth about coding, but my reason follows that if there can be five there can be more.

For one thing, I think that the Crusaders should have a Conqueror event in Byzantium, the Seljuks, northern Arabia or all three. In my games, the Crusades are often a little bit too successful, which counters my point, but I play on that modified marathon mode and I remember the Crusaders never really happening before I started playing like this. Other than that, the Holy Romans are almost always the only European civilization to engage in the Crusades, and never the French or English. Now, these territories gained should also be faster to collapse, I think, but this is a different point.

Another Conqueror event could be for the Vikings in Sicily, Scotland, Kiev, etc. This would be in the early Middle Ages at some point. The units should not be a lot but there should be enough for the Vikings to make some Viking conquests, as Vikings do. This could even be dynamic, as Norse raiders did also try and attack the Iberian peninsula, many parts of France, etc. It would help increase the chances of the Italian spawn, assuming Viking conquest and then collapse in Sicily.

The biggest one, I think, should be in the mid-20th Century. Totalitarianism is very rarely adopted but I think as an added incentive the first 3-4 powers to adopt the tenet should get a Conqueror event against a nearby civilization, to represent the rise of fascism/Soviet aggression in Eastern Europe and the Pacific. I almost never see WWII-type scenarios, although WWI-type scenarios happen often enough. In the OTL, the Soviet Union invaded Finland, Nazi Germany started WWII, Italy invaded Malta and Albania, and Japan invaded Manchuria. These invasions would represent our "Totalitarianism Conquerors", but it could be fairly dynamic by allowing it to be randomized based on which civilizations adopted Totalitarianism.

There's room for others, too, like in South America, for the Colombians. Likewise, if there's ever a Great Plains First Nation civ, the Americans could get a Conqueror event against them. But the top few are the first I thought of and I'm interested for feedback!

i think that's a very good idea. would certainly spice up the game in the later parts. though i'd propose a little "warning time". for instance, say the us switches to new world order...there should be sth like "senator joseph p. kennedy takes over the presidency after a fierce battle with his opponent." two turns later: "america embraces facism." two turns later "tensions on the rise in america. will mexico stand its ground?" ...and so on..until escalation. that would be FUN..:p is that implementable? and who would text all those lil nuggets of drama?
Ooooooh I'm liking this, if an AI switches to Totalitarianism there's a random event every turn for the first five turns afterwards that describes the increasing grip of the state and its saber rattling with some neighbor, and on the sixth turn it declares war and an actual conquerer event triggers.

That's brilliant, that would add to it a lot. The modern age in general is a little lacking and a richer WWII scenario would be nice.

Things like
-Pogroms (non-state religion removed from cities)
-Ghettoization (external town built and population lost from city, percent ethnic population disappears)
-Transportation upgrade (public transports appear in x cities)
-Labor camps (workshop increase in productivity; food loss in cities)
-Militarization (barracks built, bonus to drafting)
-Propaganda (free great artist settles)
-Deportations (ethnic population disappears completely)

I also got thinking about other potential Conqueror events and the Caliphate expansions should really be treated this way instead of as flips zones. Likewise, Muslim civs should get stacks to expand whenever they spawn (Turks, Mughals) but smaller flip zones, similar to the Mongols. These civilizations were built by nomadic armies, not patriation.

If there's ever a Western Central Asian Civ (Khazars) this would help cut down on barbarian spam during Roman times and also contribute to modern day borders like Kazakhstan or Afghanistan. This Civ would make a super strong Roman Empire much harder for the player, which I think might need to happen. AI Rome could stand to get another buff, though.

I do plan to have different spawns for different civs, and one focused on conquest instead of flips for the civs you mentioned is among them.

Top Bottom