Conquest of the World achievement - how to get?

HamTard

Warlord
It says "As Alexander, defeat every known player by 350 BC"

I've tried several 1v1 on a duel map and rushed to kill the AI asap. Sometimes I even kill them by 1360 BC, sometimes with Hoplites and sometimes without, but the achievement never unlocks. Has anyone unlocked this and if so, do you remember how?

Play on islands or continents, it is not every player it is every known player. In other words if you only find one you can destroy them and get the achievement. Perhaps a city state is enough.

I think I got mine playing through the tutorials. The battle tutorial was between Alex (me) and Darius/Persia, no one else involved. Since I've never played as Alex but for a few turns on Deity, that's the only possible way I could have got the achievement.

City State is not enough, I tired,

You need to fully CONQUER ALL CITIES to get the achievements.

Play it on Settler, and rush with Hoplites, just buy.. and buy.. and buy..

It is a very easy achievement to get, and I recommend choosing Pangea, just use your original Warrior to find the opposite nation and then start rushing, jsut make sure you wipe out the civilization not just conquer the capital.

I don't recommend doing it on Marathon, because that's gonna raise the time to build Hoplites too, it's not THAT hard to get the achievement.

It is only relevant to AI civs. And the easiest way to get it is to rush Companion Cavalry. I did it with no problems.

1. Set your science to horseback riding.
2. Set your warrior to explore the immediate surrounding around (4-5 tiles in every direction).
3. Build order: worker, settler
4. Once animal husbandry is done it reveals horses, use your worker to build a road to the nearest horses.
5. Once your settler is done, move up the road and build on top of the horses.
6. Start cranking out companion cavalry...3-4 should take out an AI city at this point.

That should do it :)

I did it like this:

- Duel Map
- Pangea
- Warrior Rush
- Chieftain iirc

If you are lucky, the other Civ will start very close, which was the case for me. I had about 4-5 Warriors and just smashed the other Civ. Combined with the low difficulty setting, the AI had only 1 Warrior and just the Capital.

Did not even get Iron finished before I killed him off.

I did a Hoplite rush in duel, pangea, settler difficulty, no city states

I did it like that 3 times against different AIs but none of the times did the achievement unlock

do you have to do it on a higher difficulty?

I did a Hoplite rush in duel, pangea, settler difficulty, no city states

I did it like that 3 times against different AIs but none of the times did the achievement unlock

do you have to do it on a higher difficulty?

Try my strat instead. Yeah you have to be patient and it relies on horses...but it's easy and OP enough that it's a guaranteed win if you find horses early.

If you have truly wiped out all of their cities it should unlock. City states do not matter. Are you sure you are connected to steam? Are you using mods?

If you are using any type of mod or are playing in offline mode on steam you won't get any achievements.

I use no mods and I'm definitely online with Steam.

When I set there to be only 1 AI and no city states, there can't be any cities I'm missing.

Well, do you get the pop-up of them admitting defeat? If not you haven't defeated them, you only can get the achievements wants they have no cities left.

Well, do you get the pop-up of them admitting defeat? If not you haven't defeated them, you only can get the achievements wants they have no cities left.

Yes I get the pop up saying I won, and the prompt to return to the main menu.

Despite that, no achievement pops up.

Shift-tab while Civ is up and see if you got the achievement. If you didn't, try again, rinse and repeat as necessary :D

Ummm, you saying you got the pop-up that you WON The game, not that you wiped out the civilization, you need to take over ALL of the cities, i.e, not just the capital.

Once you get the rival civilization admiting defeat diplomacy leaderhead, then you get the achievement.

Top Bottom