tonberry

Emperor
Tonigh I wanted to complete a few achivements so I set up this game:

Alexander
Tiny terra map
1 opposite player
Warlord difficulty.

I won by 700 BC.

I got The Man Who Would Be King, The Alexman, I Need More Elbow Room, Battlefield Earth but not Conquest of the World which was the one I was really aiming for.

I didn't kill any city-states so maybe this because of that but it clearly say: "As Alexander, defeat every known player by 350 BC." I don't think CS count as player but might be wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm guessing here, but perhaps it didn't like you reducing the 4 players normally found on a tiny map down to 2. It shouldn't care, of course, and it may be a bug, but you may wish to try again on duel instead of tiny (or keep all 3 opponents on tiny).

Its possible you might have gotten it and it didn't announce it or it will update it later. I had that happen once in Empire: Total War, my achievement for conquering India took a few days to appear.

Might just be a few problems on Valve's side. There was a few problems during the release of L4D2 where achievements and stats were being reset daily.

Did you just take their capital (getting domination) or did you completely take them out and get the "you killed me" diplo screen? Complete kills might be necessary for this and the game actually ending might screw with it too.

IIRC when I got this achievement I completely conquered the only other civ on my continent on a tiny size "continents" map; the other 2 civs were on another continent which I hadn't reached and the CSes didn't matter.

You definitely don't need to conquer the CS's to get the achievement. I managed it on a Standard size continents map but I didn't change any of the default parameters for number of civs etc. I'm guessing that's what up.

or you can just cheat. do the tutorials. sadly that is how i got it. :(

I see you didn't get 'Two Men Enter, One Man Leave'... did you already have it or did you just not kill the other guy enough? I'm not sure if it requires complete kills, but you could load up the save and beat on the AI for a bit and see if that works :)

I like the wording...can you complete this by just not discovering any other civs by 350BC? :D

As for cheating... :mischief: if you look closely somewhere on this forum, you'll see I posted, in the last few weeks, a game-save I made as Alex. I was testing the new patch but I uploaded it to give someone a bit of confidence in attacking cities.

The game-save is for the start of what should be the final turn (turn 79). If you load it up and play it right while online to Steam, you'll get the following achievements (if you haven't already got them):
  • The man who would be king
  • Flawless strategy
  • It's just you and me, kid
  • Going it old school
  • Exterminate! Exterminate!
  • Conquest of the world
But that would take the challenge out of it, right? ;)

Top Bottom