Conquest scenario: Sengoku - Sword of the Shogun

thetrooper

Misanthrope
I really enjoy the conquest scenarios, but I haven't played this one much. I have a few questions for ya:

1. Is it broken? I got to the tech from which you can build Ninjas. I had ROP with one of my neighbours and accidentally moved one of my Ninja units to the same tile as a bunch of workers and captured them! Thoroughly confused I called up their leader to see if that triggered a war, but he was all smiles and hugs. So the next turn I tried to pillage a tile - that was successful and still no war.

:confused:

2. Which city improvements will give you a production boost? The pedia really sucks here! I think that the Geisha house (?) will increase production but the pedia says no...

3. Is it true that you can't build the FP (or FP-equivalent) in this scenario? Feudalism (a refined form in which you cash-rush instead of pop-rush) isn't exactly the best...

Thanks!

1. Ninjas have hidden nationality
2. Geisha house should increase production
3. I think so

Ninjas are like invisible land privateers. The AI doesn't know which tribe pinched his workers or pillaged his tile.

Heck, if he doesn't have a yamabushi nearby, he can't even *see* who's doing it.

Thanks guys.

So the Yamabushi have the ability to spot Ninjas?

Which other units can do that?

What improvements should I build here? Some are *almost* the same and others are outrigth expensive. I tend to do the same here as I do in epic games - core and semi-core cities get marketplaces, aquaducts and archives. Totally corrupt cities build workers and artillery.

What is the courthouse equivalent? IIRC there are at least two different improvements that lowers corruption.

Is it beneficial to build that early granary?

Local Magistrate is I believe analogous to courthouses.

With Yoriki Law House being analogous to the police station.

Thanks Son Of Dido.

Heh... the diplomatic victory comes too early in this scenario.

Now that I've exhausted my questions here feel free to post tips and strategies you use in this scenario.

:)

I once heard someone won by signing ROP's and moving stacks of ninjas with a nationality unit on top. Have the Ninjas target the leader, boom death. There are some Amphibious units too that can kick it.

What civ do you pick for Sengoku? I like the Miyoshi because they seem to have everything nearby.

I like the Oda the best, since the iron source is close enough, and their terrain is very cool. (And a four-turn settler factory)

Stone Crossbow Stack.

It is death to enemy shogun units. attacking units AND self-defending artillery in one. Put a few Bushi in the stack to mop up, and you have what feels almost like a dirty exploit to me. Especially if you headhunt.

I once heard someone won by signing ROP's and moving stacks of ninjas with a nationality unit on top. Have the Ninjas target the leader, boom death. There are some Amphibious units too that can kick it.

Even though this is very effective, I don't like to use such a disgraceful strategy...

;)

What civ do you pick for Sengoku? I like the Miyoshi because they seem to have everything nearby.

Miyoshi and Oda, but the only game I've completed was as the Mori. They have crap land though.

I have a question about hidden nationality units. Can they attack cities?

:yup: and even better - they can target a specified unit within that city!

So if your hidden nationality unit takes an enemy city, will it count as an declaration of war or will it not be war and you will take a reputation hit with the civ you're attacking or it will not be war and you will take no rep hit?

So if your hidden nationality unit takes an enemy city, will it count as an declaration of war or will it not be war and you will take a reputation hit with the civ you're attacking or it will not be war and you will take no rep hit?

No Nationality units cannot attack cities! Only way they can do this is if you are at war with the faction.

Top Bottom