1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Conquest Victory?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by TheSnafued1, Jan 20, 2006.

1. TheSnafued1

TheSnafued1 Chieftain

How do you get it with avoiding domination?!? It might have been the size of the map i was playing (huge) but i hate playing small maps. Anyone have suggestions on how to wipe out everyone on larger maps?

2. podraza

podraza Chieftain

To avoid domination, stop capturing cities and start razing them just before the cut off. 67%?

Was that your question?

3. ToFro

ToFro The Dude

Don't include domination as a victory condition.

4. thordk

thordk Chieftain

leaning back while watching the replay and seeing your civ spread all over the world with no empty spots left is a great thing.
    so for those moments it's the best to just disable domination ^^

otherwise just raze cities.

5. Loyran

Loyran Chieftain

"just raze cities"

That's good advice, however, the AI will swar you with settler to reconquer the territory. If you still have more than one civ to kill, it's going to make it that much harder as they will all send settlers to found new cities on the newly leveled land.

The hardest isn't to kill those settlers than to detect them. You will have to use spies to steal plans from each remaining cities, or use a good number of scout. Also it can be a good idea to pillage every improvements as you progress or the new cities will grow extremely fast, since most likely there's no happiness/healthiness problem at that point in the game.

I tried this on a huge map. I had 59% of the population and 55% of the land. Monty, Hatty and Isabella were still to be destroyed. I started razing Isabella's cities as she was on a separate island. Before I was done with that Monty had founded 2 new cities and Hatty had founded one. Eventually I gave up and voted myself a diplomatic victory.

6. petey

petey Chieftain

I think that the easiest way would be to put a city on all the small islands to keep them in view and one city and a military force on the larger islands and continents. That means that you wouldn't get the land area necessary for a Domination Victory, but would have military units positioned to take out any settler units that come out and stop them from putting down cities.

Also, a large navy is helpful, since you can space them out to give you a view of anything that's happening on the seas and take out any transports that they send out with settlers.