1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Conquest Victory

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Arnold_T, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Arnold_T

Arnold_T Prince

in Civ4 what do you need to do to get a Conquest Victory?
    a) capture all enemy cities and kill all enemy units
    b) just capture all enemy cities
    c) just capture all enemy capital cities

thanks!

2. Sleepless

Sleepless Deity

Either destroy/capture all Ai cities or vassal them all before getting a domination victory.

3. ParadigmShifter

ParadigmShifter Random Nonsense Generator

Conquest harder than domination.

You need to raze a lot of cities to avoid hitting the dom limits.

Vassaling everyone works too.

4. yanner39

yanner39 Emperor

Aaaahhhh....A few games ago, I killed 2 or the Civs and vassaled the rest on the map and thought I had won my first Conquest Victory. It was a domination victory. Now I get it. :)

5. mirthadir

mirthadir Emperor

If you have the right type of map, normally a new world or some other case where the AI doesn't settle all the land for a long time, you can get conquest just by killing/vassalizing everyone. Chain capping works well here; I have a 350K 1300 something conquest win with Hatty doing this (spies + mass WC/knights with high XP + 3 extra long GAs allowed me smack through pike, phants, and muskets).

Another easy shot is to kill off the competition in one turn. Normally this is just you taking an easy domination win and making it conquest by gaming it. However, with nukes and paras you can kill off the last two AIs in one turn and not cross the land cap before they die legitimately. Three successful tac nukes normally clean out all the defenders and you can walk units in to take a city. Paras on transports can be unloaded in freshly taken coastal cities and then jumped next to inland targets you've nuked down (perhaps by using tac nukes off subs); if no units are left alive, you can just walk in and take the place. Just so long as the last AI or two controls enough land you won't cross the dom threshold before the cities get out of revolt.

6. yena

yena King

Just give back the enemy cities after accepting their capitulation. They will love you for it, become more useful allies, and you keep your size below the domination limit.

7. bakshi

bakshi Prince

or just turn off domination victory in custom game.

8. David7

David7 Chieftain

Or go on a duel map against Gandhi as Huayna Capac.

9. mirthadir

mirthadir Emperor

Still depends. Half of your vassal's land counts towards your territory and depending on sizes that can be enough to push you over the cap.

In any event for the last few vassals it is still just gaming the system to turn an easy domination into a slightly harder conquest.

A one vs one duel with most anyone is an easy conquest as well. May as well just drop the difficulty down to a generic warrior rush if you want to abuse and get a conquest win that much.