Conquests Basic Israel Mod

Is everyone boycotting me at the moment? Has anyone downloaded it yet?

There are some known problems, and I am working on them for version 0.2, anyone have military/scientific leader lists? Please post them.

Okay, so Download2 works (I tested it myself). Don't worry though, for version 0.2 I won't put in spaces. I've found a fair amount of bugs, but I'm almost done, and ready for version 0.2. Should be up this weekend. Also, when LouLong complete's the Slinger graphics, I can release version 1.0, this is supposed to be around the new year, so I will try to get out 0.3, 0.4, etc. before then.

Edit: I've changed the version numbers, because other than the unit graphics (and text for teh civilopedia entry) of the Slinger, everything is done! :)

I recommend you all upgrade to version 1.0. I've decided to make 2.0 the one with LouLong's graphics, because otherwise, it sounds like it still needs work now.

Version 2.0 should be released on January 10th, if I get the Slinger on the 1st.

bernhj: I'll PM you to tell you, as you seem to be interested.

It adds Israel as a civilization. They replace the Hittites.

Version 1.5 will be a prelude to 2.0. It should be done later today/tommorow

Changes in 1.5:
-Siege quinquereme removed (it sort of defeats the purpose of a basic mod)
-Israeli flag will be leaderhead
-"Macabee" renamed "Slinger," and graphics changed to archer, until 2.0, when I get LouLong's
--If anyone has good Macabee graphics, I will use them as the Macabee, instead of the Slinger!

I'll see if I can get a Moshe Dayan leaderhed for version 2.0.

Sorry for the lack of promised updates. My game wasn't (and still isn't) working, so it'll take me a little long to finish. I hope to be done by the end of Christmas.

I'd like to donate you some leaderheads of my made. I set up an israeli civ for personal use quite some time ago, and I used these as era-specific leader change. These are David, Herod the Great (actually, an actor playing Herod), Golda Meir, Theodor Herzl and Ariel Sharon. Feel free to use them. An era-specific thingie with flags for foreign advisor is also included. Here you are.

Originally posted by Walter Hawkwood
I'd like to donate you some leaderheads of my made. I set up an israeli civ for personal use quite some time ago, and I used these as era-specific leader change. These are David, Herod the Great (actually, an actor playing Herod), Golda Meir, Theodor Herzl and Ariel Sharon. Feel free to use them. An era-specific thingie with flags for foreign advisor is also included. Here you are.

Ariel Sharom a great Leader :mad:

This lowly gangster, should be in prison with both his sons.

If you want great leaders of modern era, they should be Menaham Begin. David Ben Guion and so on. Next you gonna say Bibi is a great leader...:confused:

Originally posted by TheArchon

Ariel Sharom a great Leader :mad:

This lowly gangster, should be in prison with both his sons.

If you want great leaders of modern era, they should be Menaham Begin. David Ben Guion and so on. Next you gonna say Bibi is a great leader...:confused:

Who's Bibi? Ariel Sharon IS the leader of Israel now, no matter how great. He just is. When he's in prison, not at the country's lead, I'll make his successor.

@Walkter Hawkwood: Thank you so much. You have revived my interest in a scenario I abandoned when LouLong stopped making the Slinger. I'm going to launch a major update to the scenario, and would you like to join the team, and help in the update?

That depends on what you're expecting from me. I'm quite used to making static leaderheads, but I'm no unit maker... Or else what? Are you planning making it a full-scale mod, not a single additional civ?

Really just tuning up the civ, making sure it's balanced, the leaderhead works, testing it all, coming up with scientific leader names, basic stuff. No, not a full-scale mod. Will you help?

Sure as hell. As I mentioned before, I've made such a civ for myself. The leaderheads I posted work fine, as I've tested them in-game for many games. But, if you want any other to be made, just give me a pic, and in some 5 minutes - voila - a new leaderhead for ya. As for their UU's, I used to place them in modern era. You know, modern Israeli troops and their performance have always inspired awe in me, from the Six Days War and on. So, I used to give them UU modern infantry and Merkavah armor, both of which are already made and lie here on the forums. And if my views of Merkavah as the world's best tank line might be somehow biased, then Israel's infantry has proven to be capable of working wonders back there during arab wars.

Yes, but if we give Israel two UUs, then it would be overpowered. We have to keep some balance, even if in reality Israel's army is that good. I'll make a new version with Boubougadol's Merkavah. But, if somebody ever does make a Macabee, or Slinger, I would probably use that. Actually, I think I'll do an Israeli Infantryman as the UU. One extra point somewhere on the Merkavah won't help, unless you give it 4 movement, which is really unfair to everyone else. Could you give me a link to the Israeli Infantry, Walter Hawkwood? Thanks!

Top Bottom