Conquests Scenarios And Reviews Directory

LouLong

In love with Rei Ayanami
I How does it work ?
II Historical scenarios and reviews directory
III Other scenarios and reviews directory
IV I want to play these scenarios for Conquests but they are for the English version and I have another version (French, German, ,....) : how do I do ?

I How does it work ?

This thread is supposed to become the Civ3 Conquests scenario directory.

I have given it some thought after seeing the two others were dead while a directory is needed. I believe it can work out if scenario creators make a post in this thread for each scenario they make as I can't (don't want and won't) go through all of them. Then I can update the first posts to link to them. Besides, a problem of scenarios is that they can be quite big (art files including new units,...) and that people don't always know whether it is worth downloading or not. So I strongly encourage people who have played/tested a scenario to write a review.

To limit the cluttering, please only post when you have a real and working scenario.

For Scenario makers : post in this thread with, if possible, the following informations about your scenario.

- Scenario Title (in the post title)
- Type : Historical (ancient, medieval, XVI --> XIXth century, modern), fantasy, future, space, alternative (ex : urban mod such as King Arthur's Zombies scenario).
- Dates and place, if applicable
- Map size and number of civs
- Download size
- MP version (yes/no) with a maximum of 8 players
- Synopsis/Description
- Special features (what you think is really cool about your scenario !)
- URL to the scenario thread
You can edit your post when new versions.

For reviewers , post in this thread with, if possible, the following informations about the scenario :
- review and scenario name in the post title
- version tested if applicable
- overall mark (out of ten, ten being the highest) IMPORTANT
- playability (bugs, incomplete, ...) IMPORTANT
- comments
- markings if you want (out of ten so that everyone follows the same rule) or special comments about : interest, art, replayability, accuracy (if applicable), modding quality, balance....

Of course scenario-makers (& team) cannot review their own scenarii.
If you have made a set of scenario (same principle, era,...), please gather them in one post.
I won't bother linking to the post if you don't provide enough informations there.
Post anywhere you want in the thread as the posts will be linked to the three first posts anyway.

Scenarios will then be listed (from time to time, I won't be updating it every other minute so a bit of patience).

in chronological order

Ancient

- The Rising Sun by Pawel, 4 scenarios about Japan
One scenario starts in the period.

- CAMELOT! by Azmorg, starts in the ancient age....
Review :

Medieval

- CAMELOT! by Azmorg ..... and finishes in the Middle Ages
Review :

- The Classic Maya (250 - 850 AD) by The Last Conformist
Review :

- The Rood and the Dragon (British Isles Dark Ages) by Plotinus
Review :
- 9 /10 by Loulong
- 9 /10 by Gael

- Going Viking (Vikings in British Islands) by King Arthur
Review :
- "Very good job" by caffinated

2 scenarios in that period (start 600 AD and 1200 AD)
Review :

- The Desert and the Mountain (1000 - 1600) by Plotinus (A major scenario about North Africa before the era of sails)
Review :
- 10 /10 by dreadknought

- The Spanish Reconquista (1085 - 1492) by Loulong
Review :

Age of Discovery to 1914

- 1421 The Year China Discover America by Stargate
Review :
- 6/10 by Luthor_Saxburg

1 scenario in that period (start 1500 AD)
Review :

- The Rise of the Mughals by Luddi VII and Rambuchan
Review :

- The Rise of the Mughals 2 by Rambuchan
Review :
- 8/10 by Plotinus
- 9/10 by The Last Conformist

- Pirates! Yarr! by Paasky "Historical with a bit of added fun". I haven't played it yet but probably will soon.
Review :

- The Great Armada (1580 - 1640) by Loulong
Review :

- The French & Indians Wars (FIW) by Loulong
Review :

- The Opium War 1840-1895 by Stargate
Review :

- The Age of Imperialism by El Justo
Review :
- 10/10 by dreadknought

- The Crimean War by Luddi VII
Review :

- The Boer War War by Loulong
Review :

XXth century and modern

- The Great War (divisions) v 1.3 by Rocoteh and Sarevok
Reviews :
- 8 /10 by Loulong
- 7 /10 by Luthor_Saxburg

- Czechoslovakia 1938 by REDY
Review :

- WORLD WAR II scenario by Xanth, Grumbl, Hulk
Review :

- WWII Europe: Small Fast & Beautiful by Paasky
Review :
- 9.5/10 by Fasttrack v7 for v 0.65

- WWII Mediterranean Theatre of Operations by Luddi VII
Review :

- Barbarossa (Nazi invasion of the USSR v 1.1 by Rocoteh and Sarevok
Review :

- Typhoons of Steel (WWII in the Pacific by Eric_A)
Review :

- The Vietnam War by Luddi VII
Review :

- The Falklands War by Loulong
Review :

- Scenario Title: The Age of Imperialism - Deluxe Version
- Type : Historical
- Dates and place: 1903-1914; world map
- Map size and number of civs: 180x180 w/ 31 civs and barbarians (African Natives)
- Download size: about 56 MBs
- MP version: too many civs for MP
- Synopsis/Description: It's 1903 and the colonial powers are entreched all throughout the globe. The major European countries have colonized nearly all of Africa and Indonesia. The Philippines is under American control and the Ottomans are in charge of most of the Middle East. Take the wheel of your favorite colonial power and see if you can change the course of time! Build a big and muscular navy with Dreadnoughts and armoured cruisers or focus on your capitalistic ambitions and build wonders that autoproduce Colonists and Settlers. Or you can take control of one of the smaller civs and see if you can leave your mark on Civilization
- Special features:
-There are locked alliances with the non-Germanic European civs and the US.
- The scenario is 316 turns long (Jan 1903 to July 1914)
- Techs are untradable.
- Several unit upgrade paths
- The fastest loading 31 civ scenario that you ever played. Guaranateed!
- The Advanced Weaponry tech allows the player to build one of the 3 great wonders that autoproduce WWI type prototype weapons such as Chlorine Gas Shells, Land Destroyers (1st ever tank) and Flamethrowers
- Multiple upgrade paths for units such as naval vessels, artillery and machine guns
- 35 new resources and over 2 dozen new improvements and wonders
- a dozen different classes of dreadnoughts!
- unique wonders that autoproduce unique units for the colonial powers
- victory point scoring (for VP locations & unit kills)
- discover the Early Flight tech and build your civ's WWI era aircraft
- build trenches with your workers in anticipation of the Great War
- unique foot units for almost 2 dozen civs!
- URL to the scenario thread: AoI Deluxe by El Justo

Scenario Title: The Vietnam War 1965-75
URL to the scenario thread: Scenario Thread
Type: Historical
Dates and Place: 1965-75, map of Indochina
Map size and Number of civs: 50x180 w/9 civs
Download size: About 31,5 MBs
MP version: N/A
Synopsis/Description: March 1965. The first American combat troops have just arrived in Vietnam. The conflict is about to escalate into an open war. The USA and Thailand are siding up with the South Vietnamese government to thwart the 'communist threat' from the North. Meanwhile in the rest of the region, the communist ideals are finding more and more support. In Laos, the Pathet Lao is quickly gaining popularity, and in Cambodia, the Khmer Rouge is preparing to overthrow the government...
Special features:
- There are locked alliances with the non-communist powers against North-Vietnam
- The scenario is 121 turns long
- The player can build AATTV- and S Korean barracks which auto-produces AATTV Officers and S Korean Infantrys
- Victory point scoring (for VP locations & unit kills)
- 38 new units!
- About 7 new buildings
- And much more.....

el Justo, since the maximum number of cis in MP mod is 8, your scenario with 31 civs is definitely not MP-friendly. So that you know for other scenarios (and you can edit it, albeit I think MP players would realize immeditely it cannot be played in MP).

I commend you both for the precision of your posts.
Thanks as there is no way I can make this thread work without active creators' support.

Maybe the URL thread should be added above or incorporated in the title as I just realized it is not so easy to spot at the bottom of the post.

LouLong said:
el Justo, since the maximum number of cis in MP mod is 8, your scenario with 31 civs is definitely not MP-friendly. So that you know for other scenarios (and you can edit it, albeit I think MP players would realize immeditely it cannot be played in MP).
no problem.

i'd be happy to contribute.

Scenario Title: The Battle of Iwo Jima
Dates and Place: 1945, map of Iwo Jima and Saipan
Map size and Number of civs: 80x80 w/2 civs
Download size: About 1,7 and 2,9 MBs
MP version: Is playable for MP
Synopsis/Description: At 2 AM on the morning of February 19, battleship guns signaled the commencement of D-Day. Soon 100 bombers attacked the island, followed by another volley from the naval guns. At 8:30, the first of an eventual 30,000 marines of the 3rd, 4th and 5th Marine Divisions, under V Amphibious Corps, landed on the Japanese island of Iwo Jima and a battle for the island commenced.
Special features:
- There are locked alliances with the United States against Japan
- The scenario has no time limit
- Victory point scoring (for VP locations & unit kills)
- It is one scenario of the "Small, Quick and Tactical" series
- 11 new units!

Scenario Title: Rise of the Mughals
Dates and Place: 1556, map of India
Map size and Number of civs: 100x100 w/5 civs
Download size: About 1,2 and 1,2 MBs
MP version: Is playable for MP
Synopsis/Description: In 1526 Babur marched into Northern-India and defeated the sultan of Delhi. When Babur died, Humayun was ruling. But an Afghan chief, Sher Khan Suni, conquered Delhi and Agra in 1540, and Humayun took them back just in 1555. It's now the year 1556 and Akbar has just got the power of the Mughal Empire, and it's just the beginning of a golden age period for the Mughal Empire.....
Special features:
- There are locked alliances with the Mughal Empire against the Marathas and Bengal
- The scenario is 184 turns long
- Only one great wonder, the Taj Mahal
- A complete new era in the tech-tree

- Scenario Title: TGW-DIV 1.3 (The Great War - Division Level 1.3)
-Creators: Rocoteh and Sarevok.
- Type :Historical
- Dates and place: 1914-1920, Europe map (extended)
- Map size and number of civs: 180x180 with 22 Civ:s.
- Download size: Compressed 53.9 MB. Uncompressed 84.8 MB.
- MP version:Will be released October 24, 2004.
- Synopsis/Description: July/August 1914. The Guns Of August!
As one of the Central powers you must hit the Entente hard.
If you knock out one of the entente powers fast the others will
be in severe trouble. Will your soldiers be home "before leaves fall",
as the Kaiser said?
As one of the Entente powers you most hold the ground and wait for
the time of counterattack. Will the Russian "steamroller" roll to Berlin?
- Special features:
-Locked alliances: Central Powers and the Entente.
- Scenario runs 282 turns
- Trade of techs not allowed.
- Division level allows fast play.
- Introducing Counterbattery fire artillery units!
- Large number of Dreadnought and Super-Dreadnought classes.
- Capital ships are all named with their historical names.
- Domination and diplomatic victory.
- Victory point scoring.
- Major powers have their own unique infantry units.
- Autoproduction of reinforcments.
- URL to the scenario thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1694069#post1694069

- Scenario Title: Barbarossa 1.1
-Creators: Sarevok and Rocoteh.
- Type:Historical
- Dates and place: 1941-1945. Germany to Ural. Black Sea to Arctic Sea.
- Map size and number of civs: 120x165. 6 Civs.
- Download size: Compressed 45 MB. Uncompressed 71,4 MB.
- MP version: Can be played as MP. Special MP-version in November 2004.
- Synopsis/Description: On June 22nd 1941, without warning 150 German divisions aided by its allies crossed the borders of the Soviet Union with a total of 4 million soldiers in the largest land invasion in history for Operation Barbarossa. The Soviet Union, with nearly 5 million troops was caught completely by suprise(although there had been many warnings) and the Germans would take over 3 million prisoners before the end of 1941.
- Special features:
-Locked alliances: Germany and its allies versus Soviet.
- Scenario runs 236 turns.
- Very fast load time and short or no waiting time between turns.
- All ground units named with their historical names.
- Large number of unit types representing German and Soviet forces.
- The air-war also reflected with many plane-types.
- Conqust victory only.
- Armored forces will change as time pass. For example:
As Germany you begin with Panzer III and end with Tiger II.
- URL to the scenario thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=97038

LouLong,

This directory is a very good idea and I think
there is a need for it.

As you can see I have added "creators" for
TGW-DIV 1.3 and Barbarossa 1.1 since both
TGW and BRB are joint projects.

Rocoteh

Sure, you can add new categories for what you consider important.
It was more a kind of framework.

Now what would be great is that scenario players start writing reviews.

Scenario Title: Czechoslovakia 1938

Creator: Redy (unexperienced I)

Type: Alternate

Dates and place: 1938-?

Map size and number of civs: 100x100. 4 Civilizations.

Download size: Uncompressed 19 MB.

MP version: no

Synopsis/Description:France and Great Britain refused München Agreement so Hitler started next month war with Czechoslovakia. Slovakia wanted independence so they declared war Czechs and became Axis ally. All agreement s between Czechoslovakia and France with Great Britain was officialy cancelled, but many volunteers wanted fight for Democracy. Soviet Union feels fear to might of German Reich so Stalin wanted helps Czechs. USA hadn´t any agreement with Czechs but maybe they may know about fascist danger....

Special features:
- my first scenario
- locked alliances: Slovakia + German Reich againist Czechs. Poland is neutral.
- No waiting in loading if you dont mark animating moves its not long turns
- different strategy for all civilisations
- Victory points, if Germany dont beat influental Czech cities in time, they will lost.
- improvements which is creating Russian, British or French volunteers(only for Czechs :p )

Scenario threat

Scenario Title: Red Alert 1.00

Creator: Redy (unexperienced I)

Type: Alternate

Dates and place: 1949-?

Map size and number of civs: 70x104. 25 Civilizations.

Download size: Compressed about 12 MB.

MP version: no

Synopsis/Description:If you dont know computer game from 96/97 or newer in 2002 I very shortly explain(Maybe someone add to long): After WWII A.Einstein developed time machine to assasinate Hitler before he became consul. But when is not Hitler, J.Stalin became greater danger for Europe. All European nations ally to defend first attacking Soviet forces on nearest countries like Finland,Poland,Romania or Czechoslovakia...my game starts in Januar 1949...

Special features:
- my second scenario
- locked alliances: Allies versus Soviet Union. Only neutral country are Yugoslavia and Switzerland
- Waiting in loading about 1-2 minutes, no long turns
- the game not ends if some side will not have 80 percents of land and 85 of population
- some wonders
-Tanya and some other RA units

Scenario threat

LouLong,

I have made stats on number of scenarios presented
July-September 2004.

July 17
August 20
September 16

Thus: July-September 53.

Rocoteh

- Scenario Title : Escape From Zombie Island 2
- Type : alternative.
- Dates and place : Paradise City (on an island) circa 2000 AD
- Map size and civ # : small / 4 factions
- Download size : ~8 MB
- MP version (yes/no) : ? (never been tested).
- Synopsis/Description: In 2002 Paradise City was voted the best city to live in. Today, it's crawling with flesh-eating zombies. A horrible accident has released an experimental virus that turns people, and the recently deceased, into zombies. The outbreak
caught Paradise City completely by surprise, and within a matter of hours most of the city was overwhelmed by hordes of cannibalistic zombies. A handful of survivors managed to hold off the ravenous undead, but nightfall will surely be followed by fresh horror. You must gather what survivors and supplies you can and get off the island before daybreak. You have no time to waste.
-Special features : Extensive rule changes, Modified Diplomacy and Label text, City scape graphics, Whole bunch of unique buildings, resources, techs and units: Zombies, Scantily clad Gatling Gals, Samurais, Badasses, Spunky Kids, Chainsaw Wielding Maniacs, Nuclear missiles, Monster Zombies, Crazed Scientists, S.W.A.T teams, Old War Veterans, Flame Throwers, Marines, National Guard, Mutant Zombies and more.
-URL to the scenario : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=84912&page=1&pp=20

Saved For Review....

SPECIAL NOTE BEFORE REVIEW....People who know me realize I always mod any scenario I play to try and enhance the ai for my own games and make other changes to victory conditions--movement---build times ect..but the flavor of the scenario remains. At times these versions are added as a download and my comments are added to the game and I am credited as such but I am not a member of the development team and take no credit for original development. I mainly add ai logic AND balancing that add to the challenge of the game for my own gameplay and many like to extend thanks for that by including my name in the credits. THIS REVIEW refers to notes taken on the original game as I worked on my own modded versions.

I RATE this scenario based on previous ones Ive played a 10 out of 10.

One known bug Ive encountered is a error building early marine unit (I fixed this by using the infantry unit as the early marine unit in my versions).

There are certain resource requirements (that I changed) but may cause a few minor issues in gameplay in the original. I understand newer versions will change some resource requirements.

I Rate the playability a 9 out of 10 with just a few minor adjustments needed (mainly resources, a few build time adjustments)

COMMENTS----

MAP (10 out of 10)
Fast load times (10 out of 10)
Balance oF THE AI (8 out of 10)
Realism of Period (10 out of 10)
Unit balance for period (9 out of 10)
ART--unit effects (10 out of 10)
Build time Balance (8 out of 10)
Tech Tree (10 out of 10)
Structures for period (10 out of 10)
Navy --use in game (10 out of 10)----BEST IVE SEEN BY AI!
land forces (10 out of 10)
Artillery (10 out of 10)
Air forces (as of yet cant rate)
Replay Value (10 out of 10)

OVERALL I rate this a wonderful 1903 time period scenario that lends itself very much to modding to make any style of game you wont or is great just as is. I plan at least 2-3 modded versions based on the main scenario and that says alot as to its ability to keep my attention. A great deal of detail has been put into development of this scenario....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Rocoteh said:
LouLong,

I have made stats on number of scenarios presented
July-September 2004.

July 15
August 20
September 16

Thus: July-September 41.

Rocoteh

I am not quite sure I understand your point. Can you explain ?
Are these the number of scenarios created for each month ? Seems quite big except if you include the updates.

LouLong said:
I am not quite sure I understand your point. Can you explain ?
Are these the number of scenarios created for each month ? Seems quite big except if you include the updates.

Yes it is scenarios created per month.
July corrected to 17.
Thus July to September 53 scenarios presented.

I was very surprised to see that it was so many.
The point is that with so many creators its positive
even if just 50% them react and post here.
Hopefully it will be more.

Rocoteh

Top Bottom