Resource icon

Conquistador Pack 2016-10-05

Deliverator

Graphical Hackificator
A pack of Conquistador units - Swordsman, Musketman and Mounted Conquistadors - in two different flavours grey metal armour and black/gold armour.

Obviously, these shots are from the Civ4Col graphics engine, but just to prove that they work in Civ4:

Download Here

Polycounts are:
Swordsman - 1025
Musketman - 1027
Mounted - 1439

The armour textures were sourced from M2TW as shown in this post.

All animation files included.

Also, I've included 512x512 version of the texture (DDS) files. I find that when doing reskins you get a better result working at 512x512 and then resizing down to 256x256.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Attachments

• conq3_basic.jpg
    conq3_basic.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 2,700
  • conq3_vets.jpg
    conq3_vets.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 2,286
  • conqs_in_civ.jpg
    conqs_in_civ.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 2,327
Very nice! Definatly want to use these as ethnic variants for spain. Thanks for including the decent sized textures, what's the polycount though? I need to know before I add any unit to Legends.

Polycounts are:

Swordsman - 1025
Musketman - 1027
Mounted - 1439

Cool then they pass my arbitrary 2000 poly cutoff :goodjob:

Will use these for ethnic unit art in Legends of Revolution. The mounted conquistador looks particularly good btw.

Nice pack. Personally, I like the first texture most.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Somehow the black/gold thing doesn't look quite as good as I'd hoped. I may try and tweak the texture/gloss a bit to improve that.

Very nice. I agree, the silver one looks best, although I feel that is becasue on the black one, the gold down the middle 'bends' in fortify, loosing some of the breastplate effect.

I love these! Maybe they could be implemented into the conqueror's event in RFC. I'll see.
EDIT: BTW, I think the silver Conquistador should have a white/brown/gray/tan horse. Anything but black.

BTW, I think the silver Conquistador should have a white/brown/gray/tan horse. Anything but black.

M2TW textures turn up trumps again. Which do you prefer? (I know they don't have saddles and manes yet...)

Attachments

• horseVariety.jpg
    horseVariety.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,989
Any of the horses look nice. Its odd, they look alot like the MTW2 horse textures.

That's because they are. Civ4 horse units UV mapped onto M2TW horse textures using Blender like so:

Attachments

• horseBlender.jpg
    horseBlender.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,893
Ah, nice to know if I ever feel the urge to start making a medieval mod again. Unfortunalty, most likely the models and animations can't be ported.

Correct, plus it requires a fair bit of work just to make use of the textures to be honest. For example I had to model the conquistador's armour skirt from scratch before I could map the texture onto it. Still it's a decent source of texturing material. The variety of faces is handy to have - units from every era need a face!

M2TW textures turn up trumps again. Which do you prefer? (I know they don't have saddles and manes yet...)

The one on the right looks the best IMO, and they all look great.
I put out a request on Rhye's for these units to take the place of the pikemen/knights in the conquerer's event. It seems like it was made for it (don't tell me otherwise) :crazyeye:

Does Dale know of these for his Colonization mod? Regardless, someone needs to make a MTW2 mod for civ. Unfortunatly I am already working on something.

I don't think I have heard of that mod, but sounds interesting. Can you post a link.
(Unless it's for the official Civ IV: Colonization Game. I know of DCM though.)

Top Bottom