Consentient's Deity & Immortal VidLPs

consentient

Domination!
UPDATE: I'm having too many issues with recording to want to continue right now. When in the future I get a better computer AND there is still any demand for people to watch Civ 5 LPs, I will make some more. Right now it's too much trouble! :(

- - -

Acken Challenge #1

Link to video.

PLAYLIST LINK

- - -
ICL #20 - Persia. All parts are now up. :)

Playlist link

This game showcases
Spoiler :
a Liberty DomV with Darius using the GA at the start and end of the run.

My style of commentary is a little bit sporadic, so sorry for that. If you lose interest during the periods when I'm not talking, I encourage you to think about why I might be moving each unit to where I am, and - especially in my case - where I could have moved them better! I'm a very sloppy warmonger, but I get the job done!:D

- - -

ICL #2 - Poland. First three parts are up.

Playlist link

This game showcases
Spoiler :
how you can use conquest to make cultural victory much easier than playing purely peaceful, and how there really is a type of win which uses war, achieves a CV, but isn't 'an aborted DomV'.

Commentary varies on this one, from quite explicit to even more sporadic than on the Persia one. After I take the last capital on my continent, I am largely playing uncommented because it's just a push for Cultural influence. Pretty much 'Next Turn' kinda game in the end.

Can you try again? I have absolutely no problem playing it this end !!!???

First time poster, long time stalker.

Anyhow: wanted to confirm that the vid is working now. Looking really good. Only thing I would like to point out/advice for future vids: it appears that you focus a bit too much on playing the game. What I mean by this is that the volume in your voice sort of dips from time to time, making it seem like you are talking a bit more to yourself than to me, the viewer.

All in all though, I really like the video and will certainly watch the rest of the series. Keep it up mate =)

First time poster, long time stalker.

Anyhow: wanted to confirm that the vid is working now. Looking really good. Only thing I would like to point out/advice for future vids: it appears that you focus a bit too much on playing the game. What I mean by this is that the volume in your voice sort of dips from time to time, making it seem like you are talking a bit more to yourself than to me, the viewer.

All in all though, I really like the video and will certainly watch the rest of the series. Keep it up mate =)

Yeah this is fair criticism. I don't know if I have the awareness to compartmentalise my brain enough to give a really good commentary, but I will try. It could be that this is something that gets easier the more videos I record?

Yeah this is fair criticism. I don't know if I have the awareness to compartmentalise my brain enough to give a really good commentary, but I will try. It could be that this is something that gets easier the more videos I record?

Yeah it's not really that distracting, just a little something I personally picked up on and wanted to share to help your future vids. It will become easier the more you record, of that I'm quite sure.

I also know how easy it is to drift off when you are recording live (no script etc) and you try to focus on both the game and the things you are saying. The only advice I can offer on that subject is to simply take your time.

Once again: looking forward to part 2!

And yea, takes me about 3 hours per 30 minute video :)

Also this.. :sad:

It's taking ages for youtube to properly process videos. And holy cows on a sunny summer's day how frustrated I got before I realized that it takes a long time for DerpTube to properly process the video into the correct quality. Remember how frustrating it was when I recorded in 1080p and only saw 360p when previewing the vid once it was "complete". couldn't get my head around it..

I'm only uploading in 360p because it was just taking WAY too long to upload in 1080p. It's still several hours to upload. I can't find time for more than that because I'm constantly on the move in my job and can't find any period of 11 hours when my laptop is in one place with an uninterrupted net connection.

Quality here is of no great concern to me. It's just nice to see your decision making live. You have a lot of interesting games and approaches in the various DCL/ICL threads so this is very exciting to watch.

It's always fun to learn from great players.

Glad you find it useful, though I think that people should realise I'm not a great player. As you'll see as future parts are uploaded, I make a bunch of mistakes! :D

I would suggest eliminating the game music all together, you can do that in the options/ settings.

Also, you seem to have the loudest mouse in the history of the world :lol:. Are you perhaps playing on a laptop and using the built in mic? I did that in my first LP then switched to an actual headset. The one I got is pretty cheap but a noticeable improvement. I think it will fix the static issue also.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought the thumping noise was from mouse clicks, but it seems to be random. Probably the same background static issue.

Regardless of all that, good first episode. Excited about seeing the decisions you make on your path to domination.

Yes, laptop and built-in mic. I don't really want to invest in a headset since I won't actually use it much. They're not cheap here. Maybe if I move to China for my next job I will get something from one of the giant electronics markets.

I watched an episode and the 'static' is the ocean sound. For my next 'Part', I will turn the ambient sounds down and the music off, and 'soft tap' the trackpad instead of clicking, and see if that helps any.

Extra movement for units come after golden age. When golden age starts they have movement 2/3. It's same with exploration opener and Zulu Lkanda promotions. Extra movement is available turn after

Extra movement for units come after golden age. When golden age starts they have movement 2/3. It's same with exploration opener and Zulu Lkanda promotions. Extra movement is available turn after

Huh? What do you mean? Are you replying to someone?

Top Bottom