Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No.

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter
Should we fix the inconsistency or keep it?
It's not killing anyone, but if someone is volunteering to do it, it would be an improvement. That military overview one is especially bad.
If we fix it, what's the preferred font?
Civ 5 specifically is going for an Art Deco style. If you wanted to be consistent with that design decision then you are looking for:
  • ALL CAPS
  • consistent font size (everything same height)
  • Monotone (No gloss)
Of the examples shown, VICTORY PROGRESS and DEMOGRAPHICS are most consistent with the aesthetic.

Last edited:
Cool start nominating your font until 24 hours of this post. Then we'll vote which font to unify under.

Other options besides WingDings, tho that is a good font.

Braille
Sign Language
Comic Sans

Oh, you want me to be serious...
Klingon plqaD HaSta

In the examples, other than Military Overview, they all appear to be using the same font. Only difference is that some are all caps and others are not. I think the decision just needs to be whether to put the titles in all caps or with just first letter caps. I'm okay either way, so long as they are consistent.

Since the game is Civilization, I will settle for no less than Cuneiform for my headers.

Edit: refer to my first post for my actual opinion though.

Last edited:
The current font is fine. I would prefer a simple change to ensure consistent capitalization (the first letter of each word or for all letters are both okay for me, as long as one standard is applied throughout) and color.

Top Bottom