Consistent crashes in BTS 3.19/BAT mod

Firewind

Psionic Fox
I recently cleared my computer, formatting the entire thing and reinstalling to clean out a lot of junk that had found its way in over the years. One of the first things I reinstalled was BTS (even before my network drivers!), but now I seem to be having problems.

Whenever I load Civ, it works fine on the menu screens, no problems clicking through. The BAT mod loads fine, no issues. But once I get into an actual game, it runs for around a minute or two and then the monitors turn off. The sound continues to play for a few seconds before suddenly screeching. I'm forced to power off the system to reboot it.

This has happened consistently the last five times I've loaded Civ. I reinstalled my graphics card drivers (in order to get network I had to reinstall motherboard drivers, which I suspected could've been the problem), but the issue continued. I -suspect- it's a graphical issue solely because of the monitors turning off, but I'm honestly clueless in this regard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Update: Graphics drivers reinstalled, problem continued. Did a full uninstall/reinstall of Civ, tried it without the patch, played without a problem. Testing with patch now.

EDIT: Patch breaks it. Seems we have the problem.

Ok, seems the problem exists in BTS 3.17 as well...

EDIT: Just tried a long-shot, 3.19 without the disc, no dice. I'm guessing something in the patches is broken, but I'm utterly lost without this. I've been struggling with this for three days now, please someone help?

Yep, with or without the mod.

you have two instances of your graphics card installed - no idea why that would happen - but I would probably try uninstalling the graphics drivers completely and then reinstall the driver once.
Apart from that: as I asked in my cross-editing: are there any error messages in the event manager?

Nothing in the event manager, nothing I can find anyway. I haven't got a clue why my card would be installed twice... I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling that now.

Uninstalled the graphics drivers, cleared them out, and reinstalled. No luck, Civ still crashed. ><

some more things to try - but I have no idea if they could help:
XP Service Pack 3 (just having an updated windows sometimes helps)
some people had good results with graphics issues when switching to omega drivers:
http://www.omegadrivers.net/nvidia.php

Installing the Omega drivers didn't work at all, the graphics card didn't even recognize them... Trying to figure out how to get SP3 now, but I hit on a snafu with my reinstall of XP (seems mixing an old product key and a new install disc doesn't work as well as I thought), so I'm having problems on that front as well... -_-

I wonder how quickly people would flood to help if I put a bounty on getting this thing working. -_- I'm about to lose my temper with this thing...

Well, my face is red.

Poor Discord (yes I name my computers, I'm a nerd) just needed a clean-up. Was a cooling issue, Civ was making her run too hot so she cut out on me.

Everything works fine now. I feel like an idjit. ^^'\

Top Bottom