Constant Crash

sundeviljj

Chieftain
Sorry to vent about my frustration. I just got a new computer and was so excited to return to playing Civ 5. I have not made it past 50 turns without a crash. I am using the newest community patch and tried to play with the last patch. I have gone into Steam to verify files. I have deleted most of the mods and still get the crash. How do you really know if a mod is causing the crash? I know that the future worlds mod does not seem to work correctly with the patches. Any advice?

My specs:

i7-9700
GeForce 2060- Super 8GB- updated the driver
Windows 10
32 GB Ram

Thank you.

I don't know about Mods but is it a crash related to the video card? I was getting crashes recently where the video would freeze or I'd get screen tearing and it would throw me into a blue screen. Some times it would give an error, which I don't remember, but I searched it and it came back that it had something to do with the Nvidia video card driver and Steam files.

If you try to go back and continue the game after the crash, does it continue for another 50 or so turns? That's what mine does, it seems like I just have to give it a rest for a bit and then I can go back and play.

Top Bottom