Constant framerate-lag/freezing in Civ 5 multiplayer

endejan

Chieftain
I've been having a problem for the past few days with Civ 5, namely that whenever I try to play multiplayer (with two other players to be precise), I'd get near-constant bouts of massive framerate lag. Not really framerate lag in the normal sense, more like it would just freeze up entirely for 5 seconds and then continue. Problem is, it's been happening to me every few seconds and it's gotten to the point where it's impractical to even to try to play a game, since it takes way longer to finish a turn.

It's also been affecting those playing with me, albeit not as badly. I'm still able to move my mouse during these freeze-ups and it's still showing it as the cursor from the game, so it's not like a problem with the graphics drivers or the system or something. I haven't really changed any of the settings recently or anything and it doesn't seem to happen on singleplayer (though I do still experience it, only it doesn't happen as badly nor as often).

I'm also pretty sure it's on my end, since the other two people I was playing with managed to play just fine without me, as well as it wouldn't stop if they disconnected. Any assistance would be appreciated, this has been happening to me for only the past few days.

EDIT: Another thing, I tried re-installing the game, as well as validating the files on Steam. Nothing helped.

Top Bottom