Constitution Discussion: Article A

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Here is a starting point for Article A -- any discussion?

Code:
Article A.  All Civfanatics Forum users who register in the Citizen 
            Registry are citizens of our country. Citizens have the 
            right to assemble, the right to free movement, the right 
            to free speech, the right to a fair trial, the right to 
            representation, the right to seek to redress grievances 
            and the right to vote.

Agree. This part of the article is alright.

For the record, in my version I tacked "...the right to advise officials through polls, and the right to recall an official," on the end, just to make those constitutional. It seems alright, though.

Epimethius said:
For the record, in my version I tacked "...the right to advise officials through polls, and the right to recall an official," on the end, just to make those constitutional. It seems alright, though.

I think this is included in "...the right to free speech..."

Proposed Poll For Article A

Code:
Article A.  All Civfanatics Forum users who register in the Citizen 
            Registry are citizens of our country. Citizens have the 
            right to assemble, the right to free movement, the right 
            to free speech, the right to a fair trial, the right to 
            representation, the right to seek to redress grievances 
            and the right to vote.

Rik: We still must respect the rules of the old constitution until this one has been ratified, the constitution clearly dictates that a poll porposal must be posted 24 hours before a ratification poll can be conducted.

I dont like our old constitution, but I will defend it.

Just one thing. I posted this in the "News Flash" thread as well:

Since this looks like a thread where one can take up some random ideas one don't know where else to post, I'll just like to suggest this:

Since we plan to have an RPG inside the rest of the game, wouldn't it be better if we said that all forum members who registered in the citisen registry are not citisens of Nationname, but Officials, Senators, Generals?, Barons or something else to distinguish us from the normal population in the Civ game?

Calling us citisens just seems a bit weird when we are only 20-50 people, and there are millions of people in Nationname...

would the word "resident" in place of citizen be enough?

Officers, generals, and even the president are still considered citizens. The problem with specifying roles is that X number of roles are never enough, I foresee us having to deal with well how many of each role there should be.

The RPG in my opinion is a fun addition to the game, not part of the game itself.

I need to know how the right of assemble is restricted by the ban on forming political parties, but RPG groups for roleplay purposes. Maybe that should come in an amendment, that we are not allowed to form political organizations?

It is not there, it should be added, I agree with you, sorry for seeing this late, but at least I did it.

AFAIK political parties are outlawed by mod decree, to put it in harsh terms.

Basically its a forum rule specifically for this game, I have seen mods reiterate the ban on political parties before so I will respect their wishes.

I thought there was a Constitutional ban on political parties for the last game. This issue should be addressed in every Constitution, in my opinion. We need to draft up an Article for it or add the ban to an existing Article soon. This issue should be clearly stated for all to read before they start pouring their heart out on ideas for the game and blistering their finger-tips, only to have a thread deleted.

It is a law. I just checked and it in now posted as CoL A.1 b.

It was in the Constitution for two or three games, but was moved to the CoL and put in the very first section. I believe it should go back into the Constitution.

Please do so :) You just secured my vote for the Chief Justice, and that is a valid vote.

Top Bottom