1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Constitution freedom to the provinces

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: Citizens' started by ali, Oct 8, 2004.

1. ali

ali Chieftain

I propose that we either turn the provinces into States or leaving them as provinces with their own province or State governments this will limit the power of the president in which from my understanding from Civman2000 too much powerr as it is this will effectively run their own governmments in their regions where the governement will become a council of these new leaders of governemts to form a central/Federal governemnt under a president where issues will be decided on a broad aim..where the budget and production etc of these provinces or state are under the control of these governements, under the guidence of a premier and his.her governent where the president will overser this for the benefit of the nation as a whole......noe id like to build this model even further after some discussion....id like to pt out this is a fair and more democratic system all democratic countries do this and is more efficent and effective.....i will poll this after some discussion

2. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

See my Game of Republic idea years ago. Didn't quite catch on much. Although, there is currently one such demogame that is having the game run by the governors more. (BTW, DG2 was the most like this... and the North Province had the most power in the game. ;))

3. ali

ali Chieftain

well damn Great minds think alike... though this is more a confederacy or union or commonwealth rather than a republic.....i believe we should have these governors and replace them with premiers with their provinicial or state governemnts

4. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

This system would require that we have a lot of people, which of course, we don't. We barely have enough people to run for current national offices much less seperate provincial positions.

5. invy

invy Chieftain

As BH said we don't have so many active citizens. Even all cities doesn't have their mayors...
    We should first try to get mayors for all Japanatican cities. Then Governor and Mayors would make goverment of its province and they should make important province decisions between themselves.
    Thats the closest model to your proposal that can be currently achieved in my opinion.

6. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Back when I tried the Game of Republic idea, (and this is about the 3rd time somene's mentioned the idea), there were barely enough people here for teams. Maybe 2-3 at the most, and that was 8 teams.

I even tried a mod-pack where a civ had 6 forbidden palaces dotted around to be 6 huge provinces as an idea for a demogame once. (Each was on an island I think).

7. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

As everyone else has said, not enough active partcipants. We need to try to come up with ways to make the game more interesting, and bring in new people.

8. ali

ali Chieftain

If that is the case i propose we change the name of Governors to premiers and let these premiers organise their state or provincinal provisional government!!

9. ali

ali Chieftain

With them writing each province or state constition in relation to the federal one

10. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

Well, we sort of have a government for each province, as they governor = president, deputy governor = vice president, and mayors = governors. Getting leaders like military, trade, foreign, etc, don't really have to do with a province, so I'm quite happy the way the provinces are set up. :)

11. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Why would we split up the government at this point? We have a strong central government that at least resembles something of efficiency. Ushering in a feudalistic or confederate government isn't a good idea.

12. Sir Donald III

Sir Donald III Chieftain

Hey, I know! Let's have Governments be dictated based on what the Civ's current Govt is!

What?

13. ali

ali Chieftain

its just its more democratic and is wat all current democratic nations are set up and this is not a feudal system

14. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Actually here you're wrong. No democratic country has each state/province have its own military ministers, FA ministers, etc. If they each had their own FA ministry then wouldn't they be considered autonomous?

15. ali

ali Chieftain

UUmm in Australia we do they are not called military ministers they are Military attache's to the premier ull find that most nations have these if u read carefully into it.....im not saying we should have military minister in each state..im simply saying that the name governor should be changes to premier where they organise their state governent...hhmm ill get bak too u on a proper model i think ive confused alot of ppl here :( sorry