Constitution Ratification

Do you approve of the ratification of this constitution?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ybbor

Will not change his avata
Vote to ratify. We need 66.6% approval and 50% turnout.

Article I - The Constitution.

1) This constitution shall govern the manner in which Team Aloha makes decisions, and acts upon them in order to play our turn of the save provided to us in through the Civ4 Multi-Team DemoGame (MTDG).

2) This constitution shall regulate all members of Aloha and have no weight in the proceedings of other teams, nor the administrators of the MTDG. When there is a conflict perceived between this constitution an the constitution of the MTDG, The MTDG constitution shall overrule the constitution of Aloha

Article II - Citizens.

1) A citizen shall be defined as any person who has joined Aloha and has not withdrawn from the game.

2) All Citizens have the right to free speech, the right to have their wishes as a whole carried out by the government, the right to demand satisfaction and the right to vote in general polls.

Article III - Game Actions which require Consent of the People

1) The Declaration of War with another team shall require a poll up for at least 48 hours that obtains more than a 50% majority in favor of war.
a) If Team Aloha has been directly attacked the [insert leadership position(s) here] may send troops into foreign territory with the intention of attacking or being attacked for up to 10 turns without the consent of the people. For those troops to remain in that position, or any other troops to be deployed with similar intent requires a simple majority of the populace in favor of war.

2) The following require a simple majority to be adopted:
a) A declaration of Peace
b) Trade embargoes against a foreign team
c) Defensive Pacts

Article IV - Leadership

1) The President shall be the designated player; meaning he plays the save. When playing the save he has the responsibility to carry out the decisions of other leaders. He is responsible for workers, city management, and powers and responsibilities not specified to other leaders. This position shall be elected every term.

2) The Team Captain shall represent team Team Aloha in the UN and shall also maintain order in the team. This position shall be elected every other term.

3) The Domestic Minister shall be responsible for settlement, sliders, research, wonders, civic changes, and all duties and powers affecting the economy not specified to other leaders. This position shall be elected every term.

4) The Foreign Minister determines trades and declarations of war, peace, alliances, and Defensive Pacts. All dealings with other nations must be approved by the Minister. He is responsible for negotiating with other teams. This position shall be elected every term.

5) No person may hold more than 1 office at the same time, except in cases where the position would otherwise not be filled.

6) In the event the President resigns or cannot play the save on a certain day, the line of succession shall be:
Team Captain
Domestic Minister
Foreign Minister

7) If it has been 19 hours or more since the save has been received, and no notice has been received from the Designated Player (DP), the Team Captain shall receive the full powers of that granted to the DP, and the president shall still maintain such rights. After 20 hours and no notice regarding the save has been received from either the Team Captain or President, the Domestic Minister shall have the full rights of the DP, as shall the Team Captain and the President. This shall continue for every hour going down the Chain of Command. If any member plays the save after hour 19 they must immediately notify the team beforehand of such in the save information thread. At hour 23 and following, every citizen shall have the obligation to request a 24 hour extension in the turn tracker thread at the U.N. forum. At hour 30 any citizen may play the save.

8) If there is a vacancy in a position mid-term, the President or Team Captain shall temporarily take on the responsibilities of that vacancy. An election to fill the vacant position will be held at the earliest possible time.
a) A vacancy occurs when:
1. The minister steps down
OR
2. When 1/2 of team Aloha votes, in a private poll, that the minster is absent. Any citizen may post such a poll after 3 days of a ministers absence from the Aloha private forum.

9) Any leader can delegate powers of their office as they see fit, as long as
the delegation does not conflict with any other rules.

Article V Polling and Elections

1) A term is defined as 20 game turns.

2) During turns 14 a thread shall be opened for nominations. Any citizen may nominate any other citizen, including themselves, for any position that is up for election. The nominee then can either accept or decline the nomination.

3) On turn 17 a poll shall be held for each position, with the names of every nominee that accepted. The poll must be open for 48 hours, although it is recommended it is open for 72. A simple majority is required to elect someone to a position; not including abstains. The poll Must be private.

4) Once turn (turns in term) ends, a new term has begun and the new leaders shall take their positions.

5) Any tie in elections shall be broken by the sitting Team Captain, unless the Team Captain is running in said election, in which case the tie shall be broken by the President. If both the President and Team Captain are running, the tie shall be broken by agreement of the sitting Foreign, and Domestic Ministers.

6)Official Polls
a) the position of a citizen has no bearing on how official a poll is
b) An official Poll must contain all relevant options
c) All polls other than the ratification of the constitution, and polls in which people are involved must be public to be official.
d)Except in cases of emergency, a poll must be open 48 hours, although it is recommended it is open for 72.

Article VI - Ratifying and Amending the Constitution.

1) This Constitution shall take effect once a poll has been taken of all
citizens of Aloha. This poll must be open for 72 hours, anonymous, obtain a
2/3 majority in favour (not including abstentions) of adopting, and at least
50% of current citizens must vote (including abstains).

2) Amending the Constitution.

a) Any citizen has the right to put forward a motion to amend the
constitution.

b) The motion is then put to all citizens of Aloha for a vote; a majority of 2/3
votes of the population deem the amendment passed. The poll must be open
for 72 hours and have at least 50% of citizens who voted in the last
contested election vote.

c) The constitution is then amended and becomes law.

No, because we need a defense minister IMO
Also why is this poll private?

black hole...we voted against it to start . We will add it when the time comes.

robboo said:
black hole...we voted against it to start . We will add it when the time comes.
I understand, I just prefer to have it right away, my vote most likely won't bring the constitution down anyway by the way it looks

I voted yes, even though i feel we need a defense minister sooner rather then later. also, i think it is better if polls were public instead of private (except for elections), so we should try to remember that whenever we make a new poll. :)

i voted yes and whether the polls are public or private or not doesnt effect the way i vote :)

keep in mind article V will keep official polls public, just not elections and the ratification of the constitution, don't worry about that. I figured the constitution should be private because it's so important, and people shouldn't feel forcved to vote for it if they're afraid the team won't like it. I would have changed it if anyone objected.

At present we have 15 people.. so we are only at 60% voter turn out. The next vote will make it official.

duhp....read wrong thing.

bad morning.. so far. I think I will go take a nap.

the poll is closed. We have a constitution!

Good job ybbor.

We asked for it and it will be soon.

Article IV Section 5:

"5) No person may hold more than 1 office at the same time, except in cases where the position would otherwise not be filled."

We can interpret this however we wish. In MIA I think we had the policy of you could run in more than one but it was frowned upon. I would be fine with people running for however many they wish, but whatever.

Top Bottom