Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bootstoots

Deity
Retired Moderator
This is a poll to decide whether to ratify my constitutional amendment proposal limiting all people to one Executive office or Justice of the Court, to prevent people from having multiple Council votes and to prevent someone from gaining too much power in our current government, as well as to keep the Justice of the Court as unbiased as possible. It should be noted that any person may hold multiple Ambassador positions or temporary positions such as Governor, Judge Advocate, or Public Defender under this proposal and may hold the above positions in conjunction with an Executive office.

I believe that a quorum of 10 affirmative votes is required to ratify this amendment, as it was half the vote total (rounded up) during the mid-term Presidential election and the previous full-term elections had fewer votes than the amount reached by the mid-term Presidential election. Vander, feel free to correct me if the quorum is incorrect. This poll will time out naturally in 14 days if quorum is not met. Relevant discussion may be found here.

Here is the text of the proposed amendment, changes to our current Constitution (the addition of D.8 and F.1) are written in bold.

Code:
[i]Article D.[/i] The Executive Branch consists of the President, 
Vice President, and the four Ministries.
     1.  The President is in charge of the nation. He acts as the 
head of state and government for Fanatikou. He shall be the primary
 person in charge of playing the save game.
     2.  The Vice President is directly under the President. He 
assists the President in all his duties.
     3.  The Minister of Domestic Affairs handles all aspects of 
the game directly related to the care and management of the 
cities, and of the nation tax rates.
     4.  The Minister of Foreign Affairs handles all diplomacy 
conducted with foreign nations. This includes the negotiation 
of treaties and trade agreements.
     5.  The Minister of Defense is the general of the army, navy, 
and air force. He handles all movement of units, except for workers
and settlers.
     6.  The Minister of Science oversees the nation's scientists 
in their work.
     7.  All these members of the Executive Branch of government 
shall be members of the Executive Council.
     [b]8.  No citizen shall hold multiple Executive offices 
(President, Vice President, or any ministry) simultaneously.[/b]

Code:
[i]Article F.[/i] The Judicial Branch will be formed of the Justice of the
Court of Fanatikou. He shall handle all judicial matters of the 
county, including interpretation of the Constitution, and Public 
Investigations.     
     [b]1.  No citizen shall hold an Executive position in
conjunction with the position of Justice of the Court.[/b]

Yes. It is a good idea, as we now have a very small counsil vote as people vote only once and there are so few people in the counsil...

Get rid of the council vote!

We have met the quorum of 10 votes. Mods, please close this poll; Oct, please add this amendment to the official copy of the Constitution. :D

There still is a Council Vote. There just isn't multiple votes for one person, and no one can hold multiple high positions.

This amendment didn't abolish the council vote, it just made so that people couldn't hold more weight in council votes by occupying multiple positions. However, I will probably propose an amendment abolishing the council vote fairly soon as it appears that a large proportion of the citizenry support the abolishment of the council vote.

I wonder, now that this is an official part of the Constitution, does Oct have to resign the position of Science Leader now that he's holding the Presidency or does he still hold it because this amendment was approved after he was appointed?

I personally would let it slide, but if someone wants the science position, then Octavian could give it to that person by dare I say it. A council vote..., but it's up to the Judiciary.

Top Bottom