Constitutional Amendment: Voting Rights

downtown

Crafternoon Delight
To address the problems with voting, I propose:

Members of Parliament will not be able to vote on bills, or in elections if...

a) they have been a member of MP for 24 for hours or less
b) there were not a member when the voting for the bill started.

However, if voting is to last 2 days, and a member joins the day before the voting begins, he would be able to vote on the last day of voting.

Further GM action can be taken at MP's discretion, should voting powers appear to be abused.

Let me know what you think...too strict, not strict enough? I don't want to make this too hardcore, because I dont want to alienate casual players.

If this passes, then we're set.

Also, it is Sept 19th. Those who are thinking about running PM should think a little harder, since that time, as per the constitution, is coming up.

I vote YEA

Nay

make it at least a week.

I'd say 48 hours, and GM's should be allowed to take action without MP's consent and due consent. Just my say.

Also, GM's and MP should be allowed to take action against a party they believe are breaking these voting laws or "forcing" people to sign up. This could include taking away of votes, cabinet positions, or something like that with a 3/4 vote.

Nay. Needs to be ATLEAST a week.

And this is in violation of the constitution.
It needs a debate period etc etc.

lurker's comment:
In the Democracy Game, the only time we disallow joining the game is during the monthly election period. However, the Mods also vet every player to avoid DLs. So some period of delay seems a good idea.

Nay. Needs to be ATLEAST a week.

And this is in violation of the constitution.
It needs a debate period etc etc.

Well, we batted around a lot ideas in the negoicating thread, but if you guys feel I'm usurping power or something, we can make a separate debate thread. I'm just trying to get this done quickly.

A week is too long IMHO, but I could compromise on 48 hours. A week is overcompensating, and will stifle new blood, which we'll need.

48 hours works.

A week stifles new members, but 2 days is a decent waiting period. a week=1/4 term.

Members of Parliament will not be able to vote on bills, or in elections if...

a) they have been a member of MP for 24 for hours or less
b) there were not a member when the voting for the bill started.

Is good. Anymore and it risks alienating new blood.

Top Bottom