Contact Beacon--What am I doing wrong?

kipwheeler

Warlord
I'm missing something in the steps to Contact Victory here.

I can successfully launch Deep Space Orbital Telescope unit to get one of the 2 pieces of the code. I can then successfully research Transcendental Math and build the Transcendental Equation. However, I don't seem to be able to find the "Decode Signal" National Wonder (or the "Contact Beacon" either) as one of my build options after that.

Are the "Decode Signal" and "Contact Beacon" wonders only available in specific cities? Do I have to make a worker construct them somewhere outside the city in a clear area? Can only one faction at a time start work on them rather than racing each other to finish them first? What am I doing wrong here?

Any information would be very welcome.:sad:

Launching the deep space telescope does not instantly give you a piece of the code. You only get the piece of the code a random number of turns AFTER you launch the telescope. Once you get both pieces of the code (you can check this in the victory screen), then any city should be able to build the decode signal project which can be found in the wonder section of the build queue. Once you complete the decode signal project, then you need to build the beacon which is also found in the wonder section of the build queue. The game will prompt you to pick a hex for the location of the beacon when you start it.

That's what's puzzling me. I realize that it takes a random number of turns to get the code. And indeed, after a number of turns goes by, the victory screen updates and tells me I have completed 2/2 steps, etc. However, even after that I do not see an option in the Wonder section of the building queue to build the Decode Signal.

Am I suffering from a Macintosh bug?

Edit: I've also tried putting the game on the easiest difficulty, quick speed, and waiting as many turns as possible after getting both parts of the signal. So far, two games, I've won the Time Victory at 500 turns without getting an option to build the Decode Signal or build the Beacon in my wonders list). Ugh.

It looks like it could be a MAC bug. Do you build the telescope first and then build the transcendental equation second or vice versa? I always get the first piece from the transcendental equation and then get the second piece from the telescope. That works and I get to decode the signal and build the beacon. Perhaps the order in which you are getting the pieces is what is causing the bug?

Are you sure you have got the 2 pieces ? I had to use the quest fix mod to be able to do it because i was getting only one over and over.

Top Bottom