1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Contact info.

Discussion in 'Team Cavaleiros' started by oyzar, Nov 12, 2008.

1. oyzar

oyzar Have quit civ/forums

While we can obviously post things here and send pm's on the board, it is not suited for all purposes. As such i propse everyone at least get on msn(we could use an irc room as an alternative if most people rather want that), so we can do some real time communication for when that is needed. If you don't have msn you can get it http://get.live.com/messenger here. Since this is a private forum posting your email here should be of little problem.

2. Niklas

Niklas Fully Functional GOTM Staff

niklas broberg gmail com

You figure out where to put the dots and the at. ;)

3. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

RenataK2@live.com

I may remove that after a while, because this forum goes public eventually, right?

4. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

5. Empiremaker

Empiremaker Human Fish

matthewrw AT mac.com

6. Earthling

Earthling Deity

Suppose you can email me at [thanks Domination for your thread on old posts as I looked this up! My current email for stuff I check like CFC is now lostheterodyne@yahoo.com] I'm not sure if we really need live chat but I'd hop on board if everyone else does.

7. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I feel we (Me, Niklas, Oyzar, Renata) have had some interesting discussions on live, but it isn't necessary ofc.

8. Niklas

Indeed, it's not needed, but it's fun. All relevant discussions will take place on the boards, so no one should feel pressured to participate on IM. But for those of us who already use IM as our primary communication channel, it's a natural thing to share the info. :)

9. oyzar

I don't feel the same way as you. This game will have times of short timewindows(why the heck is it 24 hours per team instead of 120 hours for all?), in such situations it is way better to be able to decide things in real time. As such it would be best if everyone were accessible for real time discussion(at least if they want some sort of impact on the decissions taken then).

For now it isn't really needed, however synchrnous or nearsynchronous communication flows much more freely than asynchronous communication over these boards. Hence it is much easier to understand each other.

10. Calis

Calis on time

I am completely with Niklas at this point. I am not sure I like your intention here. It has some taste of: Everybody, who isn't able (or willing) to participate in some life chat, is inevitably reduced to be a lurker. I exaggerated a little bit here, but I want to express how this feels for me.

11. Niklas

My point exactly. This is a forum based game, and as such the forum should be our primary medium of communication, with IM forming a fun and useful side channel.

12. Geronimo20

Geronimo20 Emperor

My email is geronimo20@live.fr

It is my MSN id also. Basically I agree with using MSN when I can (travelling sometimes). But I'd rather that most of the outcomes of the discussions be shared in the forum.

13. Calis

Calis on time

14. Earthling

Earthling Deity

I've got a couple of questions about live chatting, also an idea to share. Generally, around what time is everybody available/planning on communicating (I realize this will change over time as we get into the game). Also, don't know how feasible this is as I don't have experience with it, but don't we have irc chatrooms here on CFC? (at the very least, I've heard of #fiftychat) Perhaps we could set up something that would then be accessible to everyone here, just a thought.

15. oyzar

Seems like most of us are online in the evening euro time. Setting up an irc chatroom is an idea as i mentioned in the first post but it seemed like most people perfered msn...

16. Earthling

Earthling Deity

Thanks for the feedback; I think evening euro time is generally doable for me, maybe not every day but it won't need to be either. For myself, I'll say I prefer irc chat over msn; msn does seem like it's more ubiquitous than AIM or other servers here, though. But by all means, I know not everyone can be around all at once so I'm not worried at all by people communicating at whatver times/means work for them.

17. PurpleTurtle

PurpleTurtle Shellshocked

My msn is Stephen.Ewens@yahoo.com. I tend to agree with Oyzar on this one. I don't think he is aiming to minimize anyone's role or cut them out of the loop. Rather I think he is recognizing that many of us with little experience at this can gain quickly from the much faster back and forth offered through the chat programs and that having newbs like myself up to speed in terms of general knowledge will allow the forum discussions to move much quicker and with fewer tangents for educational benefit. I would also point out that no one should object to any of us chatting amongst ourselves even if the topic is this game. I mean, just because the timing would be inconvenient for full participation means that we shouldn't spend our free time as we wish? My wife is participating, I tend to think that I can talk to her about the game and formulate strategy as much as I want and that no one should feel excluded. She and I may be the only participants, but I doubt it would even be possible for just the two of us to make a decision for the group. So, ultimately even if half the team does the chat thing and gets kinda on the same page on an issue, the decision still has to be made here in the forums right?

18. Hoplosternum

Hoplosternum Warlord

My email and MSN is hoplosternum@hotmail.com

I am happy with forum based, eMail and MSN based communication. I don't mind signing up for other sorts of Instant Messenger if thats everyones preference. I am also on skype, but rarely sign in unless I have arranged to. I am not sure what an irc chatroom is though or where to get these other things so I would need some instructions....

I have even played a game where the team communicated via Google word processor & google spreadsheets. Quite good for long term planning. Although that was a team game of War in the Pacific rather than Civ and a lot of stats and move information was required for each turn.

19. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

20. kendi64

kendi64 Chieftain

kendi64x@yahoo.com or PM. I don't have any instant messenger programs that work at work because they don't allow them. Evenings are my only option to get involved with a chat room / program if they come up