Contests

Amenhotep7

Spartiate
Never won a single contest in my life. They're impossible!:mad: Well, at least for me. Have any of you guys won a contest before? :)

I meant more of "Enter and Win!" contests, but Perf does make a point...

I won an essay contest not too long ago that got me all three Myst games for free. :D

90% of the contestants went over the word limit, though....

In 5th grade i got picked out of a hat to play in the students vs faculty kickball game

I've won a few visual art and literature contests, placed highly in some math competitions, and came first place in my school in a free throw contest.

Originally posted by Amenhotep7
Never won a single contest in my life. They're impossible!:mad: Well, at least for me. Have any of you guys won a contest before? :)

I once finished 2nd in some races at a track meet and I also won 1st place in a team academic competition.

I also once won $2 in the lottery. Does that count?

I was at KMart one day, buying some xmas presents, and won $100. That was pretty cool. It was part of a special promotion our complex was doing. They called my name, and I lollygagged getting up there, figuring it was nothing important. Man, that $100 sure made a difference for us at Xmas. This was back when I was making a third of what I make now. . .

My wife just won a Colorado Ski vacation. Three nights in a resort of our choice near Breckanridge. Not sure when we're going. . .

On the radio circuit, I've won free tickets to the sneak preview of Mercury Rising. Not a great flick, but I enjoyed it. Especially since it was free.

Still waiting for my Publisher Clearing House check to come. . . ;) :crazyeye:

I once won a sack of potatos. By the time they were delivered the whole lot had gone mouldy.

I have won two car rallies, both in 2001.

I have also won a speed skating contest when I was 6 years old.

As far as contests go I've won some running events. Short and medium distances mostly but also some long distances.

If the issue here is more to the lotteries and such than actual contests I am glad to inform you all that I won 100 000 SEK (about €10 800) two years ago. :)

I have won contests with random draw :crazyeye:

I have won sporting and intelectual contests. Yay!

I have won pointless election contests :crazyeye:

I have never won a contest that empowed me to change the world. Life is so unfair! ;)

My biggest prize was £50,000 but I did not claim it. I ate the evidence; for real; by accident - obviously! :cry:

Won a trip to participate in the billion dollar game by Pepsi in September. Since I was starting college, my father went for me.

I once won a writing contest at school. We were supposed to write about independence because independence day was coming up. I won and had to read my essay in front of the whole school. Fortunately I was hung over (the evening before was actually the first time I was at a party drinking you know what) and I hope against hope that most of the others in school were hung over too. I re-read that essay just a couple of days ago when throwing away old papers and notebooks. It was horrible! The things you write at the age of 15...;)

But no - I can't remember ever winning a single lottery or the kind of contest where you enter and win or not.

Originally posted by col
I once won a sack of potatos. By the time they were delivered the whole lot had gone mouldy.

Best prize ever.

Top Bottom