Continents on Archipelago Maps

Hi
Whenever I play on archipelago maps, I almost always start on the biggest landmass on the map, which is more of a snakey continent, and I usually have a major civ and a few CSs on the continent. On larger map sizes, there's as many a four "small continents" also, as well as the couple dozen tiny islands. Is this supposed to be usual?

With firaxis map scripts, that can happen xD I seen it happen before.

Have you tried making the water as low as possible if that didn't work then making the water as high as possible to decrease amount of land which reduces the chance of snakey. Well, Not guaranteed.

Thanks Callonia. I just hate when I play on a water map and have a LAND neighbor.. The whole point is to stay isolated and not build any land units. I play archipelago because I want some medium islands.

Sounds like you would like the Large Islands map script. Almost always gives you your own island, with room for 2-3 cities and 1 CS (which is usually sited at one end of the island, freeing up a fair amount of room).

Agreed with Browd, if you want no land neighbors, large island script is best.

Archipelago even when it doesn't snake often has a land neighbor.

Small continents even more likely to have a land neighbor.

Sounds like you would like the Large Islands map script. Almost always gives you your own island, with room for 2-3 cities and 1 CS (which is usually sited at one end of the island, freeing up a fair amount of room).

Agreed with Browd, if you want no land neighbors, large island script is best.

Archipelago even when it doesn't snake often has a land neighbor.

Small continents even more likely to have a land neighbor.

Alright thanks you guys. I'll try it out ;)

Top Bottom