Contrast Photojournal Everyone Welcome 3rd Edition

Closed Sky

Chieftain
Spoiler :

Only newest VP 1.3.4 and Alternative Difficulty for VP v10 needed.

Events off, ruins on, tech trade off, deity, everything standard.

Enjoy, and post your progress and decisions at founding pantheon & religion, finishing first policy and conquering first city or settling the last you want or any moment you choose as important.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    269.5 KB · Views: 30
Persia is an interesting civ choice, I think Persia gets overlooked sometimes but they're genuinely fun.

I can't play at the moment but I might give this a shot later. I'm not confident I can win Deity in Alternative Difficulty but hey even if you lose it's still fun.

I think Persia is a bit weak on deity, attacking early is hard and even more so with the sub mod. Golden age ability is really powerful but hard to line up exactly with what you are doing.

Start position looks pretty good, fairly good lux and terrain, reasonable pantheon options too.

I'll probably give it a go in a bit.

Lately I've anecdotally thought (based on a very few games with them on) ruins on is much easier than ruins off at high levels due to the large swing of the superscout and the snowball that humans can usually use the ruin bonuses better than AI. It'll be interesting to see if that repeats itself here, I'd normally be quite intimidated by Milae Deity with just Persia.

Lately I've anecdotally thought (based on a very few games with them on) ruins on is much easier than ruins off at high levels due to the large swing of the superscout and the snowball that humans can usually use the ruin bonuses better than AI. It'll be interesting to see if that repeats itself here, I'd normally be quite intimidated by Milae Deity with just Persia.

I think it has pluses and minuses. While a human can use ruins better they are swingy. You have to use them better than all seven other players because you need to beat all of them. One player getting an early boost can be pretty huge, the AI that get pyramids does tend to snowball quite a bit.

It also messes up timing a lot, the AI can build wonders super early with the production boost and the religion ruin can be a huge boost later on.

This map has some pretty interesting things but it certainly is still very hard.

Start position looks pretty good, fairly good lux and terrain, reasonable pantheon options too.
I thought the same as soon as I rolled it. I find it very hard to work around not having a mine lux as Persia or Greece, there are nearly mandatory for them. Celts not so much but still.

I didn't want to frighten anyone into nonparticipation but I will say that I've tried two times with two different policies and strategies. I'll post later to not spoil the game newcomers right now.

Don't be scared non-deity players, try this start and experiment! Vox Populi is pure fun and deity is just a categorization. Not really useful in real games as things like starting lux and opportunities you get as the game progresses you can't forsee have huge impact.

About ruins on deity, here's a game when I could only get two or three but AIs probably ten each. It really works both ways.

Top Bottom