1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Contribute to the Fall From Heaven Playlist

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by lumpthing, Dec 14, 2009.

1. lumpthing

lumpthing generic lump

I really love the Fall From Heaven music and I think it massively contributes to the flavor. However every playlist gets boring eventually... unless it's absolutely massive.

So how about we put together an unofficial playlist and make it as big as possible? Wherever possible we could add suggestions to this collaborative Fall From Heaven spotify playlist (I'll be adding any suggestions here to the list anyhows).

2. HadesScorn

HadesScorn Warlord

The issue with expanding the playlist really boils down to music rights. Despite this being a free mod, music rights vary from country to country where the game is played. Without express consent or open licensing, my understanding is that songs are not going to be added to the list.

BUT. Do not despair. Unless I am crazy, this came up once before and someone pointed out how to add tracks to the game. Alternatively, make your own by muting ingame music and launching a playlist with another program running in the background. This increases the performance costs, but leads to a totally changeable playlist tailored to the individual tastes of players.

For instance, many here would no doubt frown at my usual ACDC background while playing as the Calabim, or the Myst III soundtrack I run Elohim games to.

3. GeeJo

GeeJo Flibbertigibbet

I think lumpthing is more asking for people's suggestions as to what would be nice to add to the playlists, rather than actually requesting people post mp3s of the music.

4. mmmrrrr

mmmrrrr Chieftain

Something like Current 93 - I Have A Special Plan For This World probably would be a nice theme for a Balseraphs Ashen Veil game.

5. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Pilgrimage from Nine Inch Nails.

6. JFSebastian

JFSebastian Scout

The first time I heard the music in the game by Arcana I thought it was Dead Can Dance. Some definite similarities. Dead Can Dance blends right in.

The Conan the Barbarian soundtrack, most of the Dune soundtrack and a lot of the more organic stuff by Future Sound of London.

7. RailTIE

RailTIE Chieftain

Listen to Burzum when playing Illians.

8. lumpthing

lumpthing generic lump

This is correct

I like peoples' idea fo specific playlists for specific civs. I'm playing as the Sidar at the moment. Any suggestions?

9. Annex

Annex Tyranny and Mutation

Mostly Metal, Metallica is great for FfH!!!!!

Lanun/OO:
    Enter Sandman -Metallica
    The Thing That Should Not Be - Metallica
    The Call of Ktulu- Metallica
    All Nightmare Long- Metallica

Balseraphs:
    Leper Messiah- Metallica
    Master of Puppets- Metallica

Illians:
    Trapped Under Ice - Metallica

Doviello:
    Of Wolf and Man- Metallica

Infernals/ AV:
    The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
    My Apocalypse -Metallica
    Black Sabbath- Black Sabbath
    The Four Horseman - Metallica
    Dragula- Rob Zombie
    Living Dead Girl- Rob Zombie
    Night Crawler- Judas Priest

Mercurians:
    Painkiller- Judas priest

Malakim:
    The Nomad - Iron Maiden

Any Civ:
    Battle of Evermore- Led Zeppelin

10. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Almost any civ
    -Pilgramage by Nine Inch Nails

Orcs and Infernal
    -Heresy by Nine Inch Nails

11. A_Hamster

A_Hamster Small Furry Animal

Amra's Hyborian civilization module has an mp3 track of "The Orgy" from the first Conan movie. Despite the sexual nature of the title, it actually has a certain barbaric splendor that is well suited to a barb civ like the Doviello. Since it is in a working module, one can add it to FfH with a minimum amount of work. (Copy mp3 to appropriate folder, and cut and paste XML.)

Bannor or Order civ: "O Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi" from Carl Orff's Carmina Burana.

Ljosalfar led by Arendel Phaedra: "May it Be" from the Lord of the Rings soundtrack.

Clan of Embers: "Where there's a Whip, there's a Way" from the Ranklin/Bass version of the Return of the King.

I've got a copy of the Imperial March from The Empire Strikes Back, and since I'm fond of it I have to find a place for it, but I'm not sure where yet.

12. lumpthing

lumpthing generic lump

Does anybody else actually use Spotify? I keep thinking it has become near-universal in countries where it is available. But I keep being surprised at how few people know of it.

13. loocas

loocas Prince

Nice. I always get that song in my head when I switch to Slavery or whip.

I usually listen to lots of Scandinavian folk while I play. Much of it is in a minor key and it fits the dark fantasy feel. My favorite band ever is Garmarna, who do traditional stuff but their later albums mix in a lot of electronic stuff. Emma Härdelin's voice is so haunting and enchanting, and the nyckelharpa is a very eerie instrument. Very fitting for the game. Gjallarhorn is another I enjoy for FFH.

14. Stoik

Stoik Chieftain

I have "some" suggestions on my signature...:)