Control your 'home continent' challenge

nody

Emperor
Inspired by the 'could have been' challenge I would like to propose a new challenge which will be limited to several civs.

I think these may be possible:

- China - Control Asia (very hard)

- Ethiopia - Control Africa (hard)

- Germany - Control Europe (medium)

- Inca - Control South America (easy)

- America - Control North America (very easy)

Any other ideas?

I think this one would be fairly hard...

Babylon - Control Asia (have a city in every Asian nation's core area, and be the only nation with cities in Asia [includes Japan and all of the Middle East except Egypt])

Dealing with Babylon's terrible position (boxed in by Persia, Arabia and Turkey's spawn zones) and their terrible stability, I don't see it happening very easily. Perhaps someone can prove me wrong.

Did you have England, Ireland, Scandinavia and all of Russia west from Urals?

I will need a screenshot.

It's not like I'm the judge, but I was wondering if anyone is interested in this kind of challenge.

Currently, I'm thinking about creating an Incan Empire from Cape Horn to Venezuela (including Brazil).

Germany sounds easier than Inca.

Germany's quite easy, actually. It's only a little more than what the UHV asks for.

The European civs can routinely do it (see my conquests) for Europe.
To be stable, Asia is very, very hard, even for Mongolia and Russia, and same for Africa (Ethiopia and Mali both suck if you expand too much)
Aztecs, Mayans and Americans can do NAm easily.

About Asia, I've seen a solid China controlling Mongolia and Khmer and also Northern India.

Maybe China has the right position to control east-asia and still be solid.
Maybe Japan will be too much for them...

I think controlling mainland Asia with China should be do-able if you exclude Siberia.

Maybe Ethiopia controlling Africa with a vassal-Mali and vassal-Arabia/Egypt?

I ones done Aztecs from Panama to Alaska excluding East-Coast USA (original Thirteen Colonies) and East-Canada. Also had 3 cities in far east-Siberia until I collapsed. So I believe that.

Maya controlling all of N-Am. I found hard to believe, because I collapsed several times only controlling Mexico, West Coast and Mid-West USA.

Also, I ones controlled all of N-Am. with USA including Brazil, Venezuela, Mali, Iberia and Western France. Was only possible because of large scale conquest with 'occupation'.

Germany is easy if you exclude the British Isles and Russia. But I never controlled all of Europe with Germany so I wouldn't know if it's possible.
The largest Germany I onces had was all of Europe excluding Iberia and British Islands.

Also you shouldn't forget Iceland... :p

Well if we use "continent" in the game mechanics sense... I played as England.
And by turn 2 my ENTIRE continent just flipped to me.

Game over. I win the challenge. :D

Well if we use "continent" in the game mechanics sense... I played as England.
And by turn 2 my ENTIRE continent just flipped to me.

Game over. I win the challenge. :D

Times like this make me wish Malta was in the game.

Malta, as a playable civ?

Would be cool in a parody version of RFC

That would also include Iceland, Greenland, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Cyprus and Transsylvania :p

Malta, as a playable civ?

Would be cool in a parody version of RFC

That would also include Iceland, Greenland, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Cyprus and Transsylvania :p

U 4got C-land!

I just started a game. Monarch, 600 AD as Inca.

I always try to control whole South America, for me it's the only way Inca's are fun.

Now I wish I had a Quechua dictionary so I can translate names like Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro later in the game. :p

Top Bottom