Conversations: Who's here, Who's not.

@Cheetah
Well a thought experiment with older children has been done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_the_Flies
I was actually referring to a real historical event:

An experiment allegedly carried out by Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II in the 13th century saw young infants raised without human interaction in an attempt to determine if there was a natural language that they might demonstrate once their voices matured. It is claimed he was seeking to discover what language would have been imparted unto Adam and Eve by God.

The experiments were recorded by the monk Salimbene di Adam in his Chronicles, who wrote that Frederick encouraged "foster-mothers and nurses to suckle and bathe and wash the children, but in no ways to prattle or speak with them; for he would have learnt whether they would speak the Hebrew language (which he took to have been the first), or Greek, or Latin, or Arabic, or perchance the tongue of their parents of whom they had been born. But he laboured in vain, for the children could not live without clappings of the hands, and gestures, and gladness of countenance, and blandishments."

Lousy wet-nurses, standing in the way of science wth their prattle.
To be precise, in the instance given, the "science" was insisting that the wet-nurses not prattle, so it was really more science standing in the way of prattle.

I've got a third theory on Kyr's absence.

For review, here are the first two:
1) he got his post count above everybody else's and is just waiting for someone to catch up. The whole thing has been about post-count all along and once he reached first place, he regarded himself as victor and is waiting for the site to become a challenge again.
2) he is nearing his 50,000th post and wants to make that post special, so he's getting whatever thing would make it special ready for when he reaches 49,999, then blam, his special thing.

Now for number three:
3) he once upon a time set himself a limit of 50,000 posts, realized he was near reaching it, and wants to ration out his remaining posts gradually.

I just hope he's okay.
If he really replied only to yung.carl.jung it'd be totally in character, because he'd be very sarcastically telling us that Greece answers to Germany.
Oh Mouthwash, I was going to leave tomorrow but now I have to stay just to make you mad...
That's the spirit.
Eh. You're a little conservative for my style, but people who live that way usually cause less problems in person than the other way around. I get the feeling it'd be a riot getting you drunk. Maybe fishing or blowing something up, less of the drunk if the latter. I'm horrible at fishing btw, I just tie a washer on the line and throw it in the water as an excuse to sit outside, drink beer, and shoot the breeze.
We had a thread about that.

How'd it turn out? Disappointing due to the lack of burning and blowing stuff up, I'd imagine. Happy to be surprised, tho!

Top Bottom