Convert PC version to Mac version?

nosrettap

Chieftain
Is it possible to convert the PC version of CIV IV to mac? I already own the PC version and I would like to play it on my Macbook. Is there anyway to port/convert the PC files so that they are playable on a mac? Is there a way you can utilize the mac demo version and the PC files to run the full game? I've also heard of software called Cider; does that converter work for CIV IV?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. I already know that I can run bootcamp and install windows on my machine, but if there another way to play the PC version on my mac without going through windows that would be great.

Thanks.

You would have to recompile the source code. So, no, you can't "convert" the PC version to Mac. The best you could do would be to run it under an emulator (or buy the Mac version).

Well, I think only the binary itself needs to be recompiled, since most of the assets are in seperate files that are the same on the Mac/PC side. But then again, not all companies make their assets as clean as ID Software where it actually is possible just to swap the binary itself.

What does the Civ4 folder contain on Windows?
On a Mac it looks like this:
Assets
Beyond the Sword
Civilization IV
Civilization IV Beyond the Sword (Shortcut)
Civilization IV Warlords (Shortcut)
Manual
Mods
PublicMaps
Read Me
Resource
Shaders
Warlords

If you have the Parallels program on your Mac you can do it.
Check out the Mac forum. There are several threads there that may help you.

Top Bottom